cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor MrChook
New Contributor

Unable to register account online

I've now received my second bill for cable internet services and for the 3rd time in as many months I've attempted to register this online so I can set up payments for it.

The "myaccount" page where I'm supposed to register won't accept either the account number of service number associated with the account.

I have an existing account for my mobile and I've also attempted to link the new service to that however "the request has been forwarded to the account holder for approval"... which is me and I can't set up the account so that I can approve the request Smiley Frustrated

I've tried calling support twice and both times have had to give up due to the time taken and I've just tried the online chat support which keeps timing out with "We are sorry. The chat volumes are higher than usual. We are unable to establish a connection at this time."

So how do I go about getting this problem rectified ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Re: Unable to register account online

Hey there - very sorry for the delayed reply to your message. When you're signing up for the MyAccount, are you logging in with your username and password for your Cable service or are you setting up a new my account then linking your Cable username? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor MrChook
New Contributor

I have an existing account for my mobile service (which is what I tried to add the account to) but as far as I can find I was never provided with a username and password for the cable account.

0 Kudos
New Contributor MrChook
New Contributor

I've also just attempted to go through the forgotten username option where you can enter either an account number or email address, if I enter the account number from my bill I get the message "We failed to validate your account with the details provided, please confirm and try again"

0 Kudos
Moderator Vicky

@MrChook - Apologies about the late reply. If you can send through a PM with your full name, DOB and your cable username, I can take a look and get this linked up to your mobile My Account for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor ashishg1510
New Contributor

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue. I have Broadband and landline services.

When I try to link using broadband username to my account: I get following message:
A security code will be sent to dream###. Please enter it to link your service.

However I have no idea, where is the Security code going:
1. My registered email
2. SMS to my mobile
3. Posted to my address etc.

There is another option (using landline #) to link if I use my landline number but that errors with following message:

An internal server error has occurred.

Another big issue is I am not able to find a contact center # to call in. I remember I had used it in past but it is buried deep down in the website.

Can you please advise how to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Ashish

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Hi Ashish - very strange indeed. A security code should only be sent when you're registering a mobile service. Just to confirm, you're registering via www.optus.com.au/myaccount and you're registering your Optusnet email, or a different email? You'll need to ensure you've registered before you can link a service. For future reference, you can use 133 937 to contact our Care team.  

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos