Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unable to login to email

Hi,

Unfortunately my laptop had a hard disk crash this week and when it happened I lost my optusnet email account.  I have purchased a new laptop but cannot get into my optusnet email because I don't have the password.  I have tried using my optus app, however, every time they send me a new password to my phone it will not work.  I think this is because when we setup our email account about 8 years ago it was difficult for them to setup as we wanted to keep our funkybunch_44 name that was coming over from Telstra and we were told they had to set it up through "the Back door" whatever that means.  We have rung optus on 4 occasions and been on hold for at least two hours every time and when we finally get to talk to someone they say just a minute, put me on hold and then disconnect.  I think that is because they think our problem is not a priority due to Corona Virus.  The problem is I am working from home and this is my work email address and I cannot receive my emails and I do not have access to previous emails from clients that I still had to action.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Pat

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Unable to login to email

**DELETED **

Disregard, looks like that was the password reset for yescrowd .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Unable to login to email

Take 2.

Have you tried the password reset throught My Account https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=1551 ?

The app and My account can work differently behinds the scenes so its worth a try.

0 Kudos