Searching...

Unable to download bills

NatF

For some unknown reason, our internet account number recently changed.

We were apparently advised of this by an email (which we never received). Our most recent bill also failed to arrive via email - so clearly, something has gone awry with the change of account number.

We did, however, receive the email advising that our payment was overdue! Smiley Surprised

Whilst I was able to log into our account online, I cannot download any bills. I spoke at length with someone via chat last week who assured me that all was fixed (something had shifted during the account number change) and that I would be able to download bills within 24 hours.

Alas, this isn't true. I have tried multiple browsers and still cannot see the latest bill (or any other for that matter).

I refuse to pay a bill which I can't look at. Can someone provide any solutions?

Thanks.

Re: Unable to download bills

Jeneral__Pain

The account ID changed "not due to unknown reasons" but due to Optus upgrading their billing system to a tool called "Jarvis" which gives everyone a new ID.

If you are unable to access your bills, chat or call Optus to get them to rectify the access issue. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

NatF

Hi, thanks for the response but you'll see that I have contacted Optus to rectify the access issue - to no avail. I've tried numeorus times but the "chat" option is always busy despite being 24/7.

And I stated "unknown reasons" as even Optus couldn't explain why they changed the account number when I asked them. So I figured if they didn't know, it'd be highly unlikely that someone else would. Glad I was proved wrong on that count.

Thanks in any case.

Jeneral__Pain

I just tested chat and it worked okay for me, got an agent fairly quickly and without any major hassles.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

NatF

Chat function works reasonably well - have had to wait for 15-20 mins each time (trying after 8pm).

Very friendly agents but they can't actually resolve anything.

I've spoken to 2 more this week. Both of which assured me that my bills would be downloadable within 48 hours (they're not), both also promised to email the bill in question (still nothing in the inbox).

One did suggest that the reason I might not be able to download the bill is that it's sitting in the older system and due to the transition to the upgraded system which I now log into, the bill can't be downloaded. (Why it's listed then is beyond me, why show people bills that they can't download.... 🤷‍♀️   )

Still doesn't explain why they can't email me a copy.  😐

Highlighted

Ray_YC

Hi NatF,

There may have been a delay due to the Public Holiday.

If you still need a hand with this, if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Colinl

We are having the same problem with the new system, can see the link to download but doesn't work, tried on multipel browsers, Mac and PC.  In the last tax year we couldn't claim tax back on our internet because we were unable to download our bills from the old system despiste multiple chats online, phone calls and a visit to a store.

If Optus don't fix it so we can download our invoices this year I'm sending a complaint to the Telecomunications Ombusdman, it must be ilegal to not provide invoices to customers.

Ray_YC

Hi Colinl,

Not great to hear you're having this issue.

Do you get your bills e-mailed to you?

Can you see all the bills you want in MyAccount and are unable to download any of them?

We’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd, have you contacted our Social Media team for assistance?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
68 Kudos
48 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos