Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Unable to contact tech support

Hi Adam,

the only way I was able to speak with someone at tech support was to complain via live chat and then they arranged for someone to call me back.  As you can't get through to live chat because your internet isn't working, maybe you can use someone else's computer or your mobile to connect to live chat and arrange a time for a call back.

It's ridiculously hard / impossible to get through to tech support because there are some many of us unhappy customers trying to reach them that their system seems to have collapsed under the strain and just keeps locking us all out.

Good luck, I think you will need it.

Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

To everyone trying in vain to contact Optus tech support, I have found the answer thanks to a fellow Optus user I found in this forum.
Call 133 344 jump through all the menus as required until it asks you to sign up for SMS reporting....
now here's the secret, at this point, don't do anything, press any button, anything!! Just wait, it'll ask you a further 2-3 times to sign up for SMS reporting, then hang on the line and BINGO, someone will answer your call.
I just got off the phone with them, they were very pleasant and helpful and I got my internet back working.
Needless to say, to get to this point took 4 frustrating days and Optus need to take a massive look on how they treat their customers.
I hope this helps some of you

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Been in hold for more then 60 mins now after I was told there is a wait of 45 mins. It's been 2 days of trying to get in contact with anyone over phone or chat. 

Optus, seriously hire some people to work for your understaffed company.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@Satan, I hope you managed to get through in the end. Did we happen to generate a fault reference # for you? If you have any questions for us. let us know and we'll be happy to help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos