Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Unable to contact tech support

Can anyone tell me how I can talk to someone re internet tech support.

The 133937 no only lets you opt in for SMS reporting, and even that hasn't worked?

Ive tried on line chat but doesn't work with iPhone / iPad.

is there a way I can chat to an Optus representive?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Unable to contact tech support

Hi there,

The best I could here is escalate your thread. Of course a little more details about the issue (no personal stuff) would help.

When you say web chat didn't work cas you you explain?

Have you tried via the following link? Optus Service Chat

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply, my internet issue is this.

No internet for 3 days now, it does come back on for a couple of minutes spioradically but then drops off.

I know this because my alarm cloud server emails every time it connects and disconnects.

Ive tried calling tech support multiple times but no matter what menu stream I take, I can't actually speak to anyone, all my options end up wanting me to sign up for SMS reporting re my outage, which then still doesn't happen.

Ive tried the on line chat, (the same as your supplied link) but the screen just circles on the 'loading chat' screen and never loads, I've had it trying for over half an hour 'loading' no joy.

I posted up on the Optus FB page and someone did reply asking me to PM them via messenger, which I did over 7 hours ago now, still with no reply.

Is there a current issue with Optus tech support at the moment? It really shouldn't be this hard trying to get onto someone.

cheers,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Wow ok seems like there's a complet failure in support. I've at least escalated your thread for another avenue for a support shout out.

Could I ask what type of connection you have? 

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for doing what you can, my connection is ADSL2

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

No worries.

ADSL ok. So does the router visually loose sync I.e. Nasty flashing lights?

Have you by chance unplugged everything including any line filters (including one if attached to router) attached to the phone line and finally move the router to the closest point to the street and connect it directly to see if it helps all be it for diagnostic purposes? 

If you have a hard wired phone are you able to have that just plugged in, listen to the line to the point where no further dial/busy tone can be heard, basically near to silence should be heard.. If there's any crackling or popping noises then for sure you have a line issue that needs to be rectified.

I don't suppose you've noticed any NBN/non branded workers playing around with any telecommunication infrastructure in the pass days/weeks? Sadly while these works go on it can really upset the aging copper network.

Cheers Dave

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dave,

I've got naked DSL so there's no active dial tone, in saying that, when I connected my BUTT phone, i get an engaged tone, which is unusual as from memory when I've checked previously I got no tones at all.

I did check to see if there is 50v on the incoming line, which there is.

The modem socket is the first and only socket in from the street, obviously with no in line filter (I'm a registered open cabler, so would like to think I have all the internal lines sorted from the NTD inwards)

Re the modem, when I reboot, the ADSL sync light comes on, but no internet light, this is how it stays, it must intermittently connect to the internet as explained before, but then just drops out.

I haven't noticed any telco works going on in my area, we're not even on the NBN's "we're even thinking about you at this stage list" so our NBN is at least a year away.

Thanks for your help so far

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Oh and I even changed modems, it still gave me the same fault, ADSL link but no internet

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Face palm. You're certainly more than qualified to nut out the issue and more than likely came to the same solution.. It's a Telstra wholesale issue so I turn Optus need to step up being your provider and send a tech. Mind I aggree with the engage tone.

Cheers Dave

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi DAVE,

Appreciate all the help, but I both think we've reached the same conclusion that's it's possibly a line fault.

My bigger problem is that I can't reach Optus tech support to log a fault.

Once this is done, I'm going to switch to high speed wireless anyway 

Thanks, Adam

0 Kudos