For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor BriMc
Occasional Contributor

Re: Unable to connect own modem

OK, I reckon I've tried every combination of the following

PPPOE/PPPOA

PAP, CHAP and AUTO

Full username and also minus @optusnet.com.au

On the old 8980 and brand new Archer D20. I followed the instructions in the above link to the letter. Still the same result.

The only I wasn't sure of was this passage "just remember to also set the wireless ssid and passphrase with wpa2 and aes encryption"

Aside from that I'm not sure what else I'm doing wrong. This should be straightforward right?

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi

I don't know what to add as I mentioned before I bridged the Sagemcom because I needed the home phone (only because my wife insists on it) so I have not connected a modem directly.   I have read nunerous people do so can only suggest keep googling.

When I have a bit more time I will see what I can come up with and let you know if I can be of any help.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor BriMc
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dave,

No problem, I appreciate your effort and info.

If I bridged the Sagemcom and TP Link, does that mean I get the benefits of my modem?

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Yes, it does. Add you have seen from my posts I needed to add static routes and different DNS addresses.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos