cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor ngruzevs
Occasional Contributor

USB storage feature on CG3000v2

I received a new CG3000v2 during the week. I am now keen to enable the digital media service, so I've connected an external WD 2TB drive to the router. When I log into the Netgear setup the router doesn't seem to recognise any USB storage under "Basic Settings". I have tried two different WD external hard drives, but get the same result. When I connect either HD via USB, the USB green LED lights up, but nothing else seems to happen.

Is this feature enabled on Optus supplied CG3000v2?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Occasional Contributor ngruzevs
Occasional Contributor

Re: USB storage feature on CG3000v2

I've found a thread within this community which confirms the feature is disabled. Optus should make a note of this within the install guide.

https://community.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Netgear-CG3000-when-will-firmware-upgrade-be-a...

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Which is silly of Optus to hand out modems to its customers that have features that arent enabled!!! What a waste!!!

I bought a Netgear D6300 router to replace to the ADSL router from Optus as I too read that the USB feature isn't enabled!!!

Have a blessed one... Smiley Happy

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution! caaf wrote: This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor LukeK
Occasional Contributor

I can confirm that the USB storage feature works on the CG3000v2, I am currently using it with a WD My Book 2TB.
RetiredModerator Julz
RetiredModerator

Hey Luke - after plugging it in, did you need to change any options to see the HD on your network?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Nope. Just plugged it in and I mapped it to a network drive, at //BRCM-LVG/storage0.
Also, I've been noticing when my computer and phone connects to WiFi at the same time, the CG3000v2 always reboots. Is there a firmware update coming to fix some of these bugs?
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Julz
RetiredModerator

It's a work in progress, I'll see if I can source an approx date. Have you assigned a fixed channel for the devices to connect to? That seems odd & definitely shouldn't happen.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I've assigned channel six. There are a few issues that occur once it restarts for the first time in this circumstance, which can require a factory reset to fix. Hopefully it won't occur in the next update.
0 Kudos
New Contributor RickOnOptusComm
New Contributor

Luke,

What kind of transfer speeds are you getting from the USB on your router?

I have a USB 3.0 disk that usually does 33MB/s...

But running off the router it only manages 1MB/s.

Ideas?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

The CG3000v2 has a terrible CPU, so you definitely don't want to use it with an attached HDD and expect good speeds. I got about 1MB/s when I usee my CG3000v2, but since I've moved to the NETGEAR R7000, I now get normal USB3 HDD speeds. I don't recommend using the CG3000v2 with attached file storage if you want good speed.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors