cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

URL FIlter

Why has OPTUS removed the URL Filter function on the BlackBox NBN Modems?

I had this set for my children's connections - then overnight there must have been a firmware update    (I will not call it an Upgrade, as an upgrade has IMPROVED features) , which had it and several other functions removed.

The support teams fix was to send ANOTHER modem, guess what? Same feature missing.

Poor form OPTUS. 

A call to the support line again was poor and provided no answers. The supervisors option was for me to buy a third party modem with a URL blocking feature and OPTUS would pay 50% of the cost!!!!!!!  

WTF !

OPTUS you had this feature installed already and some pumpkin decided to upgrade the firmware without URL blocking?

Software VersionBootloader VersionGUI Version

SG4Y1TM001009
0.66.0-sec
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: URL FIlter

Hi @bizpix, I'm sorry for the frustration caused by this. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I have marked this as feedback for the relevant teams to review. 

We have a similar thread ongoing here which may provide you with some helpful tips. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Seems there are A LOT of people with with the same issue and concerns for their children's welfare online. 

Is OPTUS going to take this issue seriously?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Ness_YC 

I got this response from Sagemcom last night

support.adsl <hidden>
00:23 (8 hours ago)
to me

Hello

This is a firmware limitation, But it is a choice of the operator , not Sagemcom.

It is the Internet access provider that establishes its specifications and imposes the final configuration on SAGEMCOM.

It is for this reason that SAGEMCOM does not provide firmware to end customers, but only to internet access providers.

Best regard

So, this reads to me as a decision by OPTUS to remove the URL filter.

Regards

Brad

0 Kudos