Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ANGRYFRUSTRATE
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

UNBELIEVABLE FRUSTRATION

WHERE do I BEGIN??? Started on Monday around 4pm when my Internet went down (NOT GOOD) since I conduct business on eBay. By 11.10pm internet not back. Next day I spend an hour "navigating" the 133937 contact nnumber to get to the right person re credit to my account. Spend an hour explaining my loss and the "pittance" compensation Optus offers for loss of internet...about $2 a day. I am told they will escalate this. Now THIS is where it gets strange...About 4pm Tuesday, I get an SMS on my phone about Fetch TV & activation codes and the unit arriving soon. I 'RING' Optus..35 minutes to get through. They tell me I upgraded my plan..now that's news to me. I say .NO I didn't and already HAVE Foxtel & that ALL I rang earlier was for a reasonable credit to my account for loss of internet & business. The representative INSISTS I MUST have upgraded. I again vehemently deny upgrading my $60 plan to $80. He then says he will further investigate this & to hold on. He comes back & asks me IF I knew a 'KIM' ? I say NO..(should have said YES..the one in North Korea)..He says "KIM" ordered the Fetch Tv. I ask HOW could MY Name/Address/Details be cross referenced with 'KIM'? I am told that another representative made the mistake. He then says he will rectify the mistake and amend my account back to where it was. I then ask for him to contact the courier company to pickup the 2 boxes I have to which he replies he will do so. Next day I ring the OPTUS warehouse about pickup & I am told that I have to organise the courier to pickup...I get ANOTHER SMS re Fetch TV & more info regarding 'MY' Fetch TV codes. I ring back...ANOTHER 1hour wasted..I am told it was an automatic message & not to worry but I AM asked IF I KNEW A KIM?? No I didn't. Then yesterday (Thursday) I ring again as matter is STILL unresolved, I speak with another  rep & HE informs me that I MUST have upgraed my plan. I refer him to what was written on my account that IF no one picksup the 2 boxes I have, I will THROW OUT the the 2 units I have..(out of frustration and anger). He asks me not to do that & he will organise to have units picked up. WELL...this morning  7.30am (Friday), I open front door and lo and behold I have ANOTHER very heavy box...YEP...the ACTUAL FETCH TV UNIT arrived.. ANGRY AND TOTALLY FRUSTRATED, I ring again. SINCE I fly out tomorrow for overseas for 3 months, I inform the rep I WILL THROW OUT the 3 units IF there not picked up today. It's being escalated "again". In total..I calculate I have spent close to 8 hours trying to sort out an OPTUS STUFF UP. I would LOVE to have a sit down chat with Allen Lew the CEO of OPTUS.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: UNBELIEVABLE FRUSTRATION

Begin with carriage returns. Smiley Surprised

Unfortunately trying to rush Optus resolutions can sometimes backfire. Things get put in motion, service people try to be helpful and attempted fixes can cascade.

I assume the $2 a day compensation is based on the daily price of your internet?  (most companies usually don't compensate for ancillary costs as they can be anything)

You don't make it clear why you have two boxes (Fetch?) - a $60 plan doesn't include Fetch TV normally. 

FWIW I wouldn't throw out any of the boxes. Another Optus department will bill you $250 or so for each one. Not paying the bill may result in a default payment mark on your national credit rating. Its all eventually reversable but will take time and effort.

I would suggest using LIVECHAT rather than the phone as you can sit watching eBay on one screen while a chime rings when the LIVECHAT session becomes active. On returning the boxes, Optus generally send out a courier satchel, you then need to arrange a pickup time and call the courier. Hopefully you have someone who can arrange this for you wehn you're gone.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
ANGRYFRUSTRATE
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

IN reply to your comment, I already HAVE Foxtel through Foxtel. I don't NEED Fetch TV, I have NEVER had Fetch TV, I don't WANT Fetch TV, I did not ASK for Fetch TV, I did not ASK for ANY UPGRADE. I have 3 Boxes of which the last to arrive WAS the Fetch TV Unit...I don't know WHAT the other 2 smaller boxes are. Now I fly out tomorrow for 3 months and IF they are not picked up today, I WILL throw all 3 in the Bin...and IF I am BILLED I WILL sue. THIS is a complete stuff up by OPTUS of which I have no part in, except being the victim of gross INEPTITUDE by OPTUS. And YES...I AM ANGRY, FRUSTRATED. My INITIAL contact with OPTUS was on Tuesday regarding getting a REASONABLE CREDIT for my Landline/Internet Account. Not a pretty PATHETIC $2 per day adjustment based on how many days I had without landline/internet. Optus can't and won't recompense me for what I missed out on eBay on Monday night. I have yet to receive ANY satisfactory explanation as to HOW my $60 plan was upgraded to an $80 plan without my knowledge or who "KIM" is who apparently I was told upgraded and requested Fetch TV. IF there is ANY person(manager) from OPTUS HQ in Sydney please feel free to call me on my phone...I will gladly provide you with my number if you email me.

0 Kudos
ANGRYFRUSTRATE
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ohhhh and BTW....it is is NOT MY responsibility to spend my precious time wrapping the 3 boxes in satchels then organizing with the courier companies to pick them up. And there will be no one here for the next 3 months.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Contractually (your $60 contract) you're obligated to assist Optus returning any equipment that is not yours. If you haven't binned them then you can usually still send them back when you return in three months for a refund.

FWIW if you run any business dependent on the internet then look into fall back options. Setting up a mobile hotspot on your phone is a good option if possible?

Note that this is a public forum although moderators tend to pop in every few days and offer to help in a few of the threads. If you need a faster response you should contact LIVECHAT.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
ANGRYFRUSTRATE
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

CONTRACTUALLY....YOU guys are SUPPOSED to provide a DECENT SERVICE. YOUR reply is SUB STANDARD as is the SERVICE Optus provides. GOOD MANNERS prevents me to tell you what I REALLY THINK of the service Optus provides and what to do with it. As a customer who originally started with Optus many years ago and then went to TPG (who were offering better plans at cheaper rates) and then deciding to come back to Optus July 2016, let me reassure you that at the EARLIEST POSSIBLE TIME when my contract comes to an end, I will TELL OPTUS where to go. I HOPE this is a public forum just so average people like myself can read this and see what an UNCARING..UNGRATEFUL..UNREALISTIC..UNAPPEALING..ARROGANT..GREEDY..Company Optus is. 

CONTRACTUALLY...OPTUS CAN KISS MY ASS.

0 Kudos
ANGRYFRUSTRATE
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

OHH and BTW...After OPTUS KISSES MY ASS, The 3 boxes have been left at an OPTUS Shop....Even the manager was shaking his head in disgust.

HAVE A NICE DAY PETER GILLESPIE

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

BTW I'm just a fellow customer. Just trying to help out if I can and perhaps avoid some protacted issues for you down the track (Its no fun when debt collectors start phoning and bank loan applications get turned down and Optus say they can't do anything because they no longer own the debt.)

I hope the Optus Store Manager doesn't simply put the boxes on a shelf and forget about them. Optus stores are generally not owned or run by Optus. Returning them to an Optus store doesn't = Returning them to Optus. Suggest you follow up with the store next week or get confirmation from Optus the boxes are noted as returned.

Have a good trip

Peter Gillespie

ANGRYFRUSTRATE
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My Humblest apologies..It sounded like you WERE from Optus. Luckily I WASN'T directing any anger towards you but to OPTUS themselves. I covered myself by getting the manager to sign a receipt for the 3 items and even he was shaking his head and couldn't workout WHY I was actually sent a Modem, Power Adapter  when I already had one.. My comments regarding OPTUS still stand. UNPROFESSIONAL is another apt description. I would unhesitantly recommend anyone to seriously unconsider any thoughts of signing up with OPTUS, it was THAT bad an experience for me over this week. All my friends I have spoken with over this seen have unfortunately seen the funny side of this killed themselves laughing. I forgive them as I ALSO would have cracked up laughing with disbelief. I am sure this is another chapter in the endless Optus stuff ups that one hears.

0 Kudos