New Contributor Simon2147
New Contributor

Typical evening speed - As advertised!

For your reference:

Speed.jpg

6 Replies
Crowd Champion MiCCAS
Crowd Champion

Re: Typical evening speed - As advertised!

Oh no! That doesn't look very good...

I'd love to try and help get your internet sorted! Can you tell me a bit more about the slow speeds you're facing? Do you have ADSL/Cable/NBN? Do you generally see these slow speeds, or only at certain times?

It might also be worth visiting the Troubleshooting index where Optus have lots of guides to try solving your speed issues. You can access it here: https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/custom/page/page-id/IntelliArticlePage?id=1390&typename=BROWSE&keyw...

We're here to help. Fingers crossed we can get this fixed for you 🙂

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button 🙂
New Contributor

Cable internet.

Low speeds mostly during the evening.

Have done all trouble shooting, no issues or works in our area : Ryde 2112 NSW

Tested with only 1 PC connected directly to modem with an ethernet cable.

We've been with Optus since 2000. Currently we have cable 100mbps plan. This is maybe the 7th time we've had this problem?

Whenever we complain to Optus, our speeds go back to normal, so I am asking for the magic fix to be applied again please. Not sure what you do, changing the node or exchange we are on or something but please do it again and if possible tell us how you fix it so we can ask for it directly next time. Thank you.

<removed for privacy>

Highlighted
Crowd Champion MiCCAS
Crowd Champion

I'm sorry about all of the trouble you've had!

I have escalated your post to a staff member who will be able to take a look at your account 🙂

Looking forward to hearing about how this goes!

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button 🙂
New Contributor

Thank you for your assistance.

Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi @Simon2147,

@MiCCAS is on the case. 

Only thing I'd add is that the NBN is due in your area in about 6 months. So if you still have issues then you can try the new network (Optus NBN or another provider) then.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey @Simon2147, I'm really sorry to hear that you've had some trouble with your connection lately 😞 It sounds like your service might be impacted by peak time slowness - we'd need to take a closer look though.

Can you please PM me with your account number/username as well as another speed test result via ethernet?

Ps, I've removed your account number and email address from the post - wouldn't recommend posting these on a public platform 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors