Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Type of cable, used for connection

Hi there,

Does someone know or can advise me on a type of coaxial cable used by Optus for the connection from a pole to a house?

I recently switched to Optus cable but the coaxial "patch-lead" created by tech who did installation is a bit dodgy, one or both connectors don't have good contacts and I have stable connection only in one particular cable position.

Tried to get support but they useless. It will be faster for me to drive to Jaycar, buy couple meters of RG-58 (or whatever cable is in use) and couple connectors to build my own pathc-lead.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Type of cable, used for connection

Hi, 

You cannot modify the cable in any way as it's Optus's property... 

You'll need to look at trying support again.  They will fix it.  

Sorry I couldn't be of further assistance.  

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

i don’t want to modify it, I just want to replace the  faulty one between the data point at the wall and a modem.

spent another 20 minutes on chat without any result. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @MikeM, I'm sorry no one has been able to assist here/ if you just want to replace the cable from the modem to your wall, I would advise taking the existing one with you to make sure it's the same.

If you require an Optus technician, please feel free to send me a private message and I can escalate it for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, it's OK, already wasted half day waiting for a tech last week. Better figure out myself. Will be faster.

0 Kudos