Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Kittykat22
New Contributor

Two to three years of emails deleted by optus when upgrading servers

Optus lossed or deleted two to three worth of emails a couple of years ago. It has also happened to a friend who is with Optus. I was told Optus were cleaning up their servers when this happened. Has this happened to anyone else?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Two to three years of emails deleted by optus when upgrading servers

Hey  

Highlighted
New Contributor Kittykat22
New Contributor

Hi   no I didn't move house. I lost two and a half years of emails and no one at Optus knew what was going on. I find this is always the way with Optus. No one can ever help because I am always speaking to someone in a different country.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

If they can be restored its going to be a little out of the ordinary customer service repetoire I imagine.

Just see if you can get to the right department for the request. Tech? Email Division?

No help now but you can set up a free gmail account to recieve a copy of any emails send to Optus so you have a backup.

I'd also suggest transfering away from a RSP dependent email account as you lose it if you ever want to leave.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
New Contributor Bec_WB
New Contributor

I've had a few years worth of emails & folders go missing, just a few days after the account was suspended due to large amounts of spam.

Did you end up getting yours back. The call centre tells me they can't help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor shaneg24
New Contributor

I have just had this happen to me also. 2-3 years of emails deleted from the Optus Webmail server.

All our bills are digital so we dont know what has been sent and requires payment this month!!

Just been on Live Support Chat and they have no idea.

Did you have any luck in getting anything back?

0 Kudos