cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor kylie_b77
New Contributor

Turn off paper bills for landline

Hi, I have been trying unsuccessfully to turn off paper bills for my landline phone.

Attempting to do so using My Account I got error messages so I called Optus and after a 40 minute wait was connected to a lady who told me she'd switch these off for me. She also noted I had two accounts, one for internet and one for land line phone; I said I wished to switch off both paper bills.

Next month my landline paper bill arrives with another $2 charge for paper bills.

Logged back into My Account but got a message it's not possible to switch of paper billing for landline using My Account.

I tried direct messaging moderators in similar forums in yes crowd but no response.

Can someone please help me to switch off these bills once and for all?!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Re: Turn off paper bills for landline

Hey kylie_b77, I can see that you've sent Hollie a private message with your details. I'll let her know and see if we can get this sorted for you.

New Contributor kylie_b77
New Contributor

Thanks very much, I've now been advised this has been resolved. Appreciate your response

0 Kudos
New Contributor itsmelee
New Contributor

Can you please tell me how it was fixed so I can do the same? |thanks

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Guy
RetiredModerator

Hi itsmelee. You can switch paper billing on and off via MyAccount. You can find a guide how to do this here.

0 Kudos
New Contributor cee_magila
New Contributor

No notification of paper bill turned off!

Being a long term Optus customer it really annoys me when they switch us to online billing without my consent..again!. Then send us a final reminder notice before suspension, on top of that I have to try to contact Optus to fix it?! I've payed it straight away but my patience is running thin and I may have to switch all my business to Telstra if this continues..

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Re: No notification of paper bill turned off!

Hey @cee_magila, thanks for getting in touch. I'm not sure why your billing method would be switched to Online without your consent, that sounds very strange. 😞 Can you please send me a PM so that I can look into this for you?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Ajithpv007
New Contributor

Turn off paper bills for landline

I need to switch of my paperbills for my mobiles/landline/broadband. How i can do it?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Hey Ajithpv007, you can turn on/off paper billing from within our My Account website. More info here.

0 Kudos
New Contributor TraceC
New Contributor

Re: No notification of paper bill turned off!

I have been trying all day to turn off paperless billing.  This also happened last month and the month before when I gave  up.  There is always an error.  It is driving me crazy trying to do this.

0 Kudos