cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Trying to stream 9Now, thinks I’m outside Australia

Currently I have an Optus cable service, and have just recently run into an issue when connected to wifi that the device thinks I’m outside Australia when trying to play 9Now. This happens on my phone, computer and TV. 

If if I switch to mobile data it plays fine. 

Help please

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Trying to stream 9Now, thinks I’m outside Australia

Hey @oliss101, may you have recently changed any of your networking settings (such as DNS settings)? 9Now would only be available in Australia for licensing and legal reasons, so if you're using a VPN or geoblocking service, this may restrict your accessibility to local streaming services.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Trying to stream 9Now, thinks I’m outside Australia

Ive never touched the DNS settings and it was working fine up until a few weeks ago. 

If I use a vpn and say I'm in Australia it works, but if I turn vpn off it doesn't. 

I can run a von on my tv so this is not a long term solution for me. 

0 Kudos