Searching...

Trying to reach optus service - existing customer

paulp2018

Hey Optus,

Looks like either you guys are deliberately trying to avoid existing customers or your IT people have gone on extended holiday.

I'm struggling with a number of issues and wanted to discuss my service but I've hit the following issues

1. I can't seem to reach optus on the cable support email. Its no longer working.

2. The chat support window never comes up in either firefox or chrome.

3. I am trying to see what alternative plans are options but the change plan function keeps saying my user name is invalid. Chat is the ONLY option here and it again never loads a chat window.

4. Also tried optus mobile app which is suppose to have support functions, this ALSO does not work.

Been with optus broadband 11 years, and cannot believe I'm being shafted like this as a customer. Being overcharged currently and want better options plus the service is flakey as hell.

Can someone actually contact me please to follow up on my issues and discuss furture service options.

Please provide an EMAIL address as I don't have time during business hours to be stuck in your LONG phone queue and then find no one actually follows up. I want some written correspondance of what we discuss.

Cheers,

Paul

Re: Trying to reach optus service - existing customer

Toomey

Hey Paul, sorry to hear of your issues getting connected. I've just tested Live Chat on my end and connected with no issues (screenshot below), so we'll need to troubleshoot your end.

Firstly, please clear your cookies/cache. If you are finding that clicking the links here are not bringing up the chat window, it can often take a minute so continue to click until one opens.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

paulp2018

Hey Tom,

I'm not a dumb idiot mate. Everyone that can figure out how to use a lithim crowd forum knows to do that. 

I've tried on three different browsers too by they way and also tried your web application. Get your st@it shorted out.  Plus the one time it did connect I got a not enough agents error. I'm sick and tired of stuffing around with your crippled tools mate. Provide a proper email contact address or can some to get back to me ASAP.

I'm sure you can figure out my contact from my account.

Paul

Highlighted

paulp2018

Hey Tom, Optus Team

Note I've now lodged a complaint to the TIO. I got through to chat very briefly before it disconnected and they just forced me back to the phone service. 

Still have no ability to see new plans, which means I have no idea how to switch when the nbn rolls out.

Getting intermittent service failures constantly now.

note under consumer law, I believe its illegal for your company to refuse to engage in written digital correspondance for resolution of complaints or service difficuilties.  

Paul

Dan_C

@paulp2018, I've replied back to your private message.

You're welcome to continue chatting with us there. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

paulp2018

I've tried but some dodgy person has responded claiming to want identification details they should know were not used for the account. I'm still waiting on someone to call or email me.  Major issues with the service. Need help ASAP.

SighOptus

i have had the same exact issues. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
95 Kudos
83 Kudos
40 Kudos
39 Kudos
31 Kudos