Searching...

Trying to get VOIP settings but Sagecom router dead

Andrew007

Hi,

I am trying to get my VOIP authorised user name and password. I have read the posts on Whirlpool and been able to get the proxy, registration, etc settings but as my Optus Sagecom died in a recent storm I can't extract the Sagecom router config data to get the password in Base64. I have bought a new router and got it connected to the internet without a problem. Anyone can help that would be great.

Re: Trying to get VOIP settings but Sagecom router dead

petergdownload

Optus VOIP is only allowed over an Optus modem. You'll need to request a new modem from Optus.

Peter Gillespie

Andrew007

Thanks Peter. We spoke to Optus and as they could not provide us a replacement in time for Christmas they told us to buy one instead and they would credit our account. We bought a Netgear D6220.

Andrew007

I have read a number of Posts on Whirlpool frmom people who have configured non-Optus routers to work with VOIP. I note they are from 2015/16. Are you saying Optus changed their policy?

petergdownload

Hi @Andrew007,

Can't speak for 2015, but Optus don't provide VOIP details for inputting to other modems. Other ISPs do but not Optus. Its possible in 2015 someone managed to hack the VOIP codes? Also Optus has recently upgraded their modems to new models so that may have reset things. 

Bit surprised an Optus CS said just buy a modem (Is they can't do the VOIP). Seems they'll need to credit you and send out an Optus modem too.

Peter Gillespie

SillyGogo

Greetings, 

@petergdownload Maybe the Optus CS told OP to purchase a new modem from Optus. @Andrew007 there are many used Optus around on Gumtree, maybe look for the older versions.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
82 Kudos
76 Kudos
71 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos