Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Trying to Cancel ADSL Account

I am trying to cancel my ADSL account that is well out of contract but cannot seem to get in touch with anyone.  Tried calling the 13 number to get a message citing technical difficulties (after following all of the prompts to state i want to cancel and entering my account number).  Then went into store to be told they cannot help that it must be done direct.  Live chat just says offline.  So eventually I call the sales line which for some amazing reason does not have the same technical difficulties (surprise surprise) as when you select to cancel.  They then try to patch me through to customer service to which i sit on hold for an hour without any indication to when the call will be answered.

I need to cancel this account and this whole process is just ridiculous.  I was a happy optus customer but circumstances require me to close this account but I am very quickly becoming an annoyed customer!! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Trying to Cancel ADSL Account

The only time you can contact anybody at Optus is if you are a new customer.  Current customer? Forget it!