cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Micka19
New Contributor

Trouble accessing website kingcounty.gov

I can't access the website kingcounty.gov using my Optusnet DSL service. I get error: Can't reach this page.

When using other internet providers on the same mobile device, it works fine, however.

Can some of you please try to access kingcounty.gov for me using your Optusnet internet service and advise if you can reach it or not? (It is the Seattle county's website.)

That will help determine if it's a general Optusnet problem, or my own specific problem.

Many thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Trouble accessing website kingcounty.gov

Hi there Michael,

I get the same error when trying via my work PC.

I can access it fine using mobile data on my Galaxy but not using WiFi on my iPhone.

Suggestion would be to please Chat with us choosing the Technical Support option to double check that the site hasn't been blocked.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Micka19
New Contributor

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the reply! I did "chat" with Optus Support (Ned), who also had the same problem accessing that site. He checked that the website was not blocked.

I've talked or "chatted" with three different Optus support people over the past month, but seem to have reached a dead end. Last time they said it was probably a firewall issue on my device - it can't be that because you and Ned have both had the same problem.

FYI, just some further details on the problem:

• I have the problem on my home DSL wifi, both on my Windows 10 laptop, and on my iphone 6 (wifi connected).
  • If I "ping kingcounty.gov" on my laptop at home, (in a Cmd window) I get IP address 146.129.240.67, but the ping response is "Request timed out". So I guess it's not a browser issue or a DNS issue.
  • On my iphone, connected to some other wifi connection (at a friend's house, or using free-wifi), I can see the website.

Two Problem Reports have been logged by Optus Support already: 21505457 (by Ned) and 21578841 (by Sonya). I suspect they are both closed, however.

Are you possibly able to get someone at Optus to fix this?

Regards,
Michael

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for the updated info.

I've looked at both of those tickets (thanks for providing these also) and they were closed due to unsuccessful contact attempts with you to a landline which would ring out ending in 559.

I believe from here you will need to contact Optus again to raise another ticket (we're unable to do so on Yes Crowd) and it does mention in the ticket opened by Sonya for you to run a trace route. The person you chat with to open a new ticket will advise you where to e-mail the trace route results to and to have the new ticket number in the subject field. I guess it would be ideal to leave a mobile number as the contact number.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Micka19
New Contributor

Hi Ray,

Thanks again for the reply. I did exactly that. Optus looked at my Tracert output and determined that kingcounty.gov is blocking (somehow) our IP address range.

As you probably know, my IP address changes whenever I reboot my wifi modem. It looks like the first two numbers are fixed, but the last two are changeable, giving IP address format 203.164.*.*.

Unfortunately, Optus Support is unwilling to pursue it further since I am the only customer complaining so far. Presumably if a popular website does the same thing to us (e.g. google.com), then Optus might do something?

Optus suggested I contact kingcounty.gov myself and ask them to fix.

So I sent kingcounty.gov an email (webteam at kingcounty.gov) asking them to allow access to 203.164.*.*.

I don't think they'll act on it, but I tried at least.

If I get some reply or a fix, I'll update you further.

Regards,
Michael

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for the update, Michael.

Fingers crossed it gets sorted out and soon.

Top Contributors