cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor x10010x
New Contributor

Townhouse Cable Installation

Hi Everyone, I'm having a few issues getting cable Internet, really appreciate any help you can provide.

I have successfully place an order of Optus Cable Broadband for my house on Sunday which is 26 March 2017. And this morning someone from Optus call me and said that we can’t get cable broadband as they are provide ADSL for my address only, because there is a unit number in my address.

According to Optus policy, if the block is more 3 units then there is no chance to get cable broadband, but there is only 2 units in my block. And we are the one front street facing townhouse. As the block beside our house they all get the cable broadband, so i believes that there is cable runs along the street.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Re: Townhouse Cable Installation

Hey x10010x, 

It may be a mater of having our back-end team checking that it's possible to connect you to our Cable network and updating our database. If you send us a private message with your full address, name and contact number, I'll send this off and request it be investigated 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor asuwaz
New Contributor

Hi Everyone
Just checked availability in Optus website for my address it says no cable broadband only ADSL available. Then I checked the address of adjacent house (my next door neighbour address) and 2 options came with my address also in website. Its new 2.5 years duplex townhouse and I am pretty sure one cable not been used next to ADSL line outside my house (I think that’s for cable broadband for inside my house). My house address is 3A and another townhouse is 3. It’s just 2 houses in townhouse. Called Optus as they said I would never get cable internet in my place. As NBN is still 2 years away. Currently using TPG ADSL which is not good, just below 4-5 mbps and line drops frequently. As going through the forums I think very positive I should be able to get cable internet at my place.
Please help me.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Hi @asuwaz if you could please PM the address as well as your neighbour’s address that you've found can connect to the cable network here →http://yesopt.us/pmphil we can send this off to our serviceability team for further assessment. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Amie17
New Contributor

hi There, 

If I send a PM to you can you get your service team to check on this for me as well? I'm in a similar situation. Only a block of 3 units and all the houses in my street are cable eligible. 

0 Kudos