cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Colr
New Contributor

Re: Townhouse Cable Installation

I am having a similar problem. I have moved into a brand new townhouse. There are only 3 units in the complex and all the units have been pre-wired from street level into the units. Optus keeps asking me if we are street facing. Not sure what the relavence of this is. My neighbour is using the HFC connection on a Telstra service. I've been with Optus for 25 years. I'm reluctant to change but will have to if I cannot get this sorted. Is there any help out there?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

@Colr Telstra and Optus Cable are completely separate networks. Telstra offer an underground installation, but Optus cables run overhead. This causes restrictions as to which properties can be connected. One firm rule is that it must be street facing, we cannot run a cable over or around another property I'm afraid.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Colr
New Contributor

Thanks for that. I was led to believe that Telstra does the HFC cabling, which we tap into. Even though our unit is not street facing, all the cabling has been installed by the developer from the street level junction box to our unit which is below street level. I'ts a real shame that after 25 years I have to change suppliers.

0 Kudos