Re: Townhouse Cable Installation

Hi PhilC,

My situation is exactly the same as 

0 Kudos
New Contributor GimmeCable
New Contributor

Hi PhilC,

Here's the picture of my house. As you can see, it is free standing and both mine and my neighbour's house are on separate titles. Same as bpetridis, Optus cable is only arms reach from my house. Really frustrated that my neighbour can get it but I can't and I'm stuck with a ADSL connection. Was looking forward to being able to watch the English Premiere League too.

myhouse.jpg

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Hi @GimmeCable, I've responded to your PM. 🙂

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Hi @bpetridis,

Happy to say I've got some good news for you! We've been able to include your address in our back end systems meaning you are now serviceable for Cable Broadband with Optus 🙂 

If you contact our sales team on 133345 they will be able to connect this for you. Alternatively as offered above I'm happy to arrange a call from one of our sales agents if you could simply let me know a good time to get in touch (I believe you've already provided the best contact number via a PM).

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor bpetridis
Occasional Contributor

@PhilC you have made my year and restored a lot of faith in optus. Really appreciate your help and I'll be calling sales in the morning. Thank you so much!! You guys are champions.

Cheers

Bill

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Great to hear, Bill we're always happy to help! If you have any issues moving forward don't hesitate to get in touch with us 🙂 - Phil

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor RowansDying4HFC
New Contributor

Hi there,

I am also having a situation and issues trying to have a cable connection installed at our new rental townhouse property, street facing with a power line and cable node at the front of our property.

• We have recently moved into a brand new townhouse on it's own title. A main reason for selection of this is that cable is available to us here. We check under Optus website, and explained in store at both Knox and Chirnside Park branches. Everyone has stated that there would be no issues and we would get Optus.
  • Being a brand new build, the address is not listed correctly with Optus and is listed down as a similar version, but not correct address.
  • We had applied for this and our HFC service application was knocked back. So we went back into the stores and spoke to CSOs over the phone. All of which have advised that cable is definitely available and that they will try to get it through again. Many promises of returned phone calls and emails, to which I had received absolutely none.
  • I have taken roughly 8 hours off of work this week to talk to people to resolve this situation in store. 
  • One person had finally stated that they do not service a group of townhouses with more than 3 units. I had advised that the land was subdivided but each townhouse is on its own title. Apparently this didn't matter to this representative.
  • I require a fast broadband connection as I work from home a lot and the adsl2+ connection will definitely not cut it.

I urgently need this connection installed and I am willing to do anything or pay anything to have it so.

I can't stress how urgent this is for me.

20171206_162613.jpg

Rowan.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @RowansDying4HFC (love the handle BTW).

Did the store offer to send your address through to our Cable serviceability team? As long as the address is street facing and there are spare ports available on the tap then there really shouldn't be an issue. I can definitely organise for a QC to out and perform a site inspection for us. As a general business rule, we don't service multi dwelling units however based on the photo you've sent that through, I can't identify anything that would prevent us from being able to go ahead with an installation.

Are you able to send us a private message with your name, address and contact number? You'll just need to click on my YC handle and send a PM via my profile page. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor RowansDying4HFC
New Contributor

Hey @Dan_C

I have sent a PM to you outlining what you have asked. 

The store did offer to send out someone to do a driveby and to the cable servicability team however it was declined after what they assume was someone looking at Google Maps which is too old to show the property.

The address is street facing, only one other house is tapped in, which is next door on the right (in photo). None of the other townhouses are as they are brand new as well.

I understand the multi dwelling units policy however it makes no sense as our property is right in front of the cable node, only meters away. The property is it's own number and its own title.

I am happy to wait as long as it takes to get this sorted. It is very important to us.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Too easy 🙂 I've just replied back @RowansDying4HFC.

I've sent the request off and we should hear back from the team shortly. We'll keep you posted 🙂 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos