Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Occasional Contributor bpetridis
Occasional Contributor

Re: Townhouse Cable Installation

I have the exact same problem I get a different message depending who I talk too. Really annoying. I have a street facing townhouse with its own title. I want to connect, I'm literally 3 meters from the cable on the street and the next door neighbours cable runs across my front yard. I'm happy to pay for a tech as I'm stuck with 4G wireless internet which is limited to 12Mbps and the ADSL in this area sucks. I could physically connect it myself if I have the tools. Would really like some help on this one.

0 Kudos
Moderator Casey_

Hey bpetridis, can you please send us a PM with your address, full name and contact number so we can check it out? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor WinstonChan
New Contributor

HI Casey, just wondering if you got my PM - i have the same problem i..e i recently bought a townhouse and would like to get the $140 cable package (max speed).

Let me know if Optus is able to carry out an assessment of my property and advise if a cable can be installed. Really appreciate it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Hey Winston - I've replied to your PM. Gen 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Don't waste your time guys, if you are in a group of more than 2 townhouse regardless of whether you are a few meters from the cable, fee standing, own the property or not, eventually you'll send a bunch of messages and our friendly moderator will advise you that they don't connect townhouses where they are in a group of 3 or more. Same useless responses with a friendly face. Thanks for nothing Casey. If you saw how close I actually am to the cable on the street you would laugh. Considering this whole suburb is being levelled and replaced by townhouses, you are really limiting your potential clientele.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Completely understand your frustration @bpetridis. We'd be more than happy to have you as our customer but business has strict rules for cable connections and one of then is multi dwellings. So sorry that we couldn't get you connected. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Aman 

I'm very cognizant of the fact that those are Optus' rules but I just don't get why. See below. I have a house on a block that is now a smaller block. It is free standing and representative of 90% of the properties in this suburb. This really baffles me. I feel like you guys aren't adapting to the fact that houses in Australia are getting smaller. Honestly I think your "rules" need to adjust and be evaluated on a case by case basis. Otherwise you are really devaluing the time and effort people have invested on this forum in trying to become one of your customers. I really don't get it. Please give me one tangible reason why you cannot connect my house aside from "those are the rules". The neighbor's cable runs across my front lawn! I should probably push back legally and ask that that be removed if you guys are not prepared to play ball.

My House.JPG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Hi @bpetridis I've sent this away to our serviceability team to investigate further, I believe there may have been some confusion with not realising this was a standalone property in a complex and for that I do apologise. It's unlikely that the team will get back to me over the weekend however if you're happy to leave this with me I will provide a definitive answer on whether or not we can connect this property Wednesday evening (I have Monday and Tuesday off) on the 22.03.2017. 

Due to the problems you've had with this I would like to follow up myself and let you know exactly what is happening. If this is possible I will also be happy to arrange for a sales representative to contact yourself to proceed further with an order if this is what you'd like to do. It's not something we would normally provide however I can see this has been going on for a little while now and I would like to resolve the issue completely for you as quickly as we can.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Phil,

Appreciate the quick response. No rush on getting back to me, happy to wait in the interests of getting a good result here. I'm stuck on optus 4g which is OK but the pings are average which is simply due to the limitations of the technology. ADSL here is no good due to the age of the phone lines and nbn might come by the time I retire. As I can see a nice speedy optus cable within arms reach it gets a little frustrating when I'm unable to hook into it. Was a cable customer for 15 years in Eltham Victoria and was very happy with the service.

Look forward to your response and you can pm me at any time for my contact details or look me up in your system as I'm already on home wireless. The details are up to date etc,

Thanks

Bill

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Not a problem Bill,

I can completely understand the frustration with this and I'll be in touch soon with an update. I hope you enjoy your weekend! 🙂 

0 Kudos