Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Markindaintree
Occasional Contributor

This service does not match the market segment of your user account

Howdy

Trying to link my wireless broadband service to my existing mobile "my account" profile but get the following error message:

"This service does not match the market segment of your user account."

1. My Account - is still active but was attached to my mobile number. I have since transferred my mobile number to another service provider. When I log in to 'My Account' I see no attached services (naturally).

2. I have now activated a wireless broadband account and wish to self-manage the account. I am unable to set up a new account log in for the service because my 'old' account is still active (but with  no service attached). I try to add a new service to my old/existing login and get the above error message and, of course, I cannot add the new service to my existing account.

Note - neither account, old or new, were business services - they were/are personal services.

I would like to manage my account and set up paperless billing. Can someone please advise or help set up my account so that I can self manage my new wireless broadband service?

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: This service does not match the market segment of your user account

Have you tried Live Chat or Optus store it may need to be cleared and a new account setup in my account as you said the mobile you had on the account has been transferred to another Service Provider which could mean the My Account won't accept the new Details A moderator maybe able to assist here they are always looking around to help

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks shooterau - I am in a remote area and it is difficult to get to an Optus shop (around 90 mins drive). I'll hang back and see if a moderator can help. Thanks anyway 🙂

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Oh, and live chat doesn't work for some reason... tried a couple of different devices with no joy...

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Hey Markindaintree 🙂 

Thanks for letting us know about this.

I'd be happy to check this out for you.

Could you please PM through your service number, full name, date of birth and the email address for your My Account and I'll investigate this further and get this sorted for you.

Cheers.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Marie - all is working fine now

Smiley Happy

Mark

markindaintree

New Contributor callum100
New Contributor

I am having the same problem now and have been waiting for ages for the live chat to connect

New Contributor amq
New Contributor

I would like to add my new account for broadband to the existing ‘my account’ I have for my mobile phone service. Why are there no instructions? Not able to access live chat support, the service seems to be overloaded and times out. Does anyone know where I need to go on the site to add addition services to ‘my account’. The page pictured below is a dead end.

E517713A-54A8-4901-9E4A-C115D4CC7E14.png

0 Kudos