Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: The Optus Ultra WiFi modem with 4G back-up is here

G'day g'day! I'm good, exhausted; but surviving haha. As far as I'm aware, you should be able to upgrade with a one-off replacement fee, but I can get some clarification.

It's going to be a bit diffuclt to get through given the capacity of our care staff at the moment, but leaving a message in-app would be your best bet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@SillyGogo , 

It was on the cards, but it's on hold at the moment. 

Only for new, recontacting and customers who rate plan change. 

I'll update here once it's available for outright purchase. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,

I recently connected to the NBN and received the modem on Monday, the version is FAST5366TN-A it doesn't have a SIM card and appears to be the old version. How could I get the new version? It's impossible to contact support with the current situation

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

@Dan_C All good mate, I will wait for the 5G back up version. Like @Yeldarb it will be my 4G backup when the backup 4G is down. The good thing is this new modem will save me the need to connect my mobile to the home modem and automatically switch over during down time.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Schumi5 There is a WiFi on/off button on the front face of the device beneath the LED display and next to the WPS button

Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

@Schumi5 , if it is like other provider's 4G backup modem, then it will just act as an normal modem and switch over to 4G when the service is interrupted. You still connect the Orbi to it via a Lan port. The Orbi wont know the different.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks, that's solves that issue. Now to wait until corona sage is over and will contemplate switching across to NBN. The main issue I have is currently we are paying $90 and for the same plan on NBN it's $120. So will need to look into that and see what else is out there.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

I am in a similar plan. It is not often that NBN is down, so having the 4G back is only a desirable and not for paying extra $30/month for one. Like @Dan_C said, there will be an option to by it outright. I am getting one to test and see its performance.

My current modem supports 4G backup via USB. If NBN is down, I can plug my phone into it and get the full 4G speed, my network will function as normal.

Highlighted
Blog Author

Hi there! Sorry I couldn't get back to you right away. 

How long did you sign up? @aruna260

The new modem launched alongside our new plans - that was back on the 25/3/2020. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Dan_C
Thanks for the reply. I had Optus cable and signed up to switch over to NBN on 7/3/2020. Although they switched over the connection on 8/3/2020 Optus couldn't deliver the modem till 30/3/2020 as it was out of stock. Consequently, my landline was inoperative for 3 weeks. Since the modem delivery was on 30/3/2020 I should have received the new modem.
0 Kudos