cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Kyri_YC

Re: The Optus Ultra WiFi modem with 4G back-up is here

In regards to setting up a VPN server @rw888., I wouldn't be able to provide any further information than what we have outlined in our previous response.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@rw668 wrote:

Does this Ultra Wifi modem support VPN server, VPN client?

It has no inbuilt VPN server or client.

There is currently a firmware bug that interferes with PPTP VPN traffic,

guest wifi?

No guest wifi.

0 Kudos
rw668
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Does it support Guest Wifi?

SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

@rw668 as answered above, NO guest wifi. It is a basic modem to get you connected to the internet, mainly aim for home use. If you want business grade VPN then a commercial or pro-consumer grade equipment would be advised for stability and security.

If you are chasing a home VPN for single log in to share then check our out a DDWrt or similar router. That give you the extra features and functionalities.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Optus
Can when did the 4G backup speeds changed from 12/1 to 25/2 ?

Also did those costomers that originally had 12/1 automatically get upgraded to 25/2 ?
0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hey @YetAnotherAcc - Just confirming that your question was 'when' did the 4G back-up change from 12/1 > 25/2? Our pages have this listed at the time of launch as at 20/3/2020 however, I've reached out to our team and asked them if and when the change could have been made. As soon as I have more answers, I can relay this to you. 

Customers should automatically be on 25/2 if the original article stated this. I'll reach out when there's an answer though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Steven_YC Yes, you interpretation is correct. I messed it up when I rephrased my question.

It was definately 12/1 at time of launch, and the initial post in this thread was changed to 25/2 some months at least (by my guess) after launch.
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

So @Optus, apparently a new firmware version SG4Y1L003045 is available. Does it fix the PPTP VPN bug?

What other fixes/changes does it contain?
0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi @YetAnotherAcc, this latest firmware version has included some minor bug fixes and memory consumption improvements. 

The issue impacting VPN services using PPTP protocol has been recognised as a known issue, however a fix is still being worked on at this stage. 

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the update @Jack_YC .

Well over a year ago we were promised that there would be no more surprises when it comes to new firmware releases, yet we haven't received A SINGLE notification since on ANY firmware release.

Can you please start providing us with notifications firmware releases (and details of whats added/changed) , preferably no later then release day. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors