Searching...

Test email failure outlook

barefeet

trying to modify account set up i have entered manually all the pop3 and outgoing mail settings, when i run the test all items get a tick excpet the last item is a fail cant send a test email ???

its microsoft 2007 is this the issue ?

Re: Test email failure outlook

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Are you connected to Optus when doing this test and is this an Optus email account?

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/using-an-email-application-with-optusnet-email?requestT...

barefeet

Hi and thanks, I have used all the instructions contained in the link previously.   

Im connected to the internet yes, it is an Optusnet account.

it is an old version of outlook I’m trying to get his outlook working as it was a week or two ago,

i shall try to send you some screen shots tomorrow to highlight the problem 

Yeldarb

That version of Outlook is fine as I still have many customers using the older version of 2003. If you are positive the settings are correct try disabling the antivirus / firewall temporarily.

barefeet

289F62FB-AAD0-435D-B2EE-536BF11BD891.jpeg

barefeet

Is the problem that I have successfully got the newer outlook version running as imap so he can see emails on his iPhone, an therefore resetting on his old notebook and older outlook needs to also be imap setup .

Spoiler

Yeldarb

I don't recommend using 2 different mail protocols as they both work against each other however I doubt that has anything to do with the mail sending error in the screenshot. Try changing that account to IMAP as well.

barefeet

ok think im getting there

i have left incomin gmail as pop3 outgoing as smtp

under outgoing server tab ticked box my outgoing server required authentication.

market use same settings as my incoming mail server

under advanced TAB incoimg pop3 box 110

outgoing server SMTP 25

left box UNTICKED server required an encrypted SSL

gone back to internet email seetings and run the Test Account settings

beaut All green ticks and i get Microsoft outlook test message.

So i try to send an email to a gmail or an exchnage account and get 

error message bouncing back - 554 5 7 1 michael @ rosgfhhgfh.com.au>: relay access denied

help please again

barefeet

forgot to mention the problem email seetings is receiving email ok 

Yeldarb

Hmm that looks like either an authentication error or the Optus mail server ip is on a black list. Check the Optus mail server ip on the link below. 

https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
66 Kudos
41 Kudos
32 Kudos
30 Kudos
18 Kudos