Searching...

Terrible installation process

[ Edited ]
Isitthathard

How can the Optus installation process be this pathetic, confusing and inept?

Ordering a basic adsl service:

1. Activation date unconfirmed for 3 days (as Optus say they will). Call up, wait in call queue for an hour and get given a date 2 weeks away. 

2. 2 days later , I get a text message saying the date has been changed and pushed out another 3 days. Get told this is my activation date. Clearly wasn't confirmed the first time I called and they have missed the 3 day mark like they said...

3. Get told I need to be at home as a technician needs access. Take the day off work, no technician visit...  

4. Same day, text message saying I'm active. No modem delivery though ... Told I need to check for dial tone. I don't have a landline phone...

5. I call up, put on hold again for 20 minutes and I get told my service is active but modem won't arrive for another 3 days. The modem is then delivered that afternoon ...

6. Plug modem in, it doesn't get internet service... 

7. Get a text message saying another technician needs to visit in 4 days time to finish installation and that I have to be at home. Ring Optus, wait another 40 minutes, get told I don't actually have to be at home ...

8. Initial activation date not actually correct, there is some sort of second activation date. I will now wait and hope this works...

Overall - long and slow process (3 weeks now),

Misleading communication, Mixed messaging 

Being told I have to be at home when I don't, lack of an explanation about the process (left in the dark, no communication as to what was going on), terrible wait times to get any customer service.

Incompetent.

Re: Terrible installation process

Isitthathard

Oh and impossible to call up and make a complaint because there's so many call queues!!!

Toomey

Not good to hear of the run around you've had to go through. My apologies for this, it certainly shouldn't be this complicated.

Have you since been able to get online? If not, feel free to send me a private message with your order number, full name and DOB so I can check it out and get back to you asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

eekles

Hahahaha, currently going through almost exactly the same painful experience of delays, mis-communication and failure. 

Isitthathard

Update:

After being told by the call centre I didn't need to be at home to complete the installation, I then go to work ... A technician then rings me asking me where I am as he needs access ...

Have to take work off and go home to meet the technician...

The connection is now working. Finally. 

Call centre team have no idea what's going on, every time I spoke to them I was told something incorrect. 

Last time I ever go with Optus.

eekles

Damn, I've already planned to take half a day off. At least you got there in the end! Wow what an  unpleasent journey.

Been seriously considering cancelling the Optus service and going with Telstra. Even it costs a little more, their smart modem switches automatically to wireless if the line goes down...or in our case, if the line isn't even functioning. That way the customer still gets internet access until the problem is resolved.

Dan_C

@eekles, feel free to message myself or one of our other YC mods.

We can organise an internet assistance kit. If you'd like to find more info, check the link below:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Optus-Internet-Assistance-Kit/ba-p/189501

Let us know if that's of any interest to you.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
52 Kudos
50 Kudos
30 Kudos
20 Kudos