cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Ppr
Occasional Contributor

Temp password for adsl2+ login

I received my temp password 2 days ago. I can login to my modem adsl2+ with that password. To change the temporary password I followed the instructions sent by your service desk. As soon as I login I get following message and the system automatically logs me off. I tried in different browser. Cleared cache and cookies and even tried it from my friends house. No luck help pls. Following is the message after login. It stays for 5 seconds that way and I get logged off.

We apologise for the interruption. Please try again later.

after 5 seconds then it shows 

please as be patient while we log you out of the following Optus websites 

Optus Member Services 

You have successfully logged out

I tried this multiple times with multiple browsers and different pc  and devices with lot of patience 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Temp password for adsl2+ login

Replied back to this thread here @Ppr

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Dan_C, I am using Adsl2+

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @Pppr, do you have an account number that begins with an 8 or 9 or an account number that begins with a 2? 

If it's the former, the PW @Toomey's instructions are correct. 

Let us know and we'll try and help. 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Dan_C,

the account no begins with 6. Initially I had mobile only connection. Then I applied for broadband adsl2. Now both are bundled into same account no that begins with 6.

thanks 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, right. The service has been ordered in our new billing system.

You should be able to reset your PW in my Account. I wonder if they've been correctly linked to your My Account profile.

Feel free to send us a private message. I need your full name, DOB and account number. 

I'll go in and take a look. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @Dan_C. I have sent you a private message with the requested information.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Thanks @Ppr! I've replied to your PM 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks all for helping so far. The problem still exist. I can get the login page on for more than 10 seconds. It logs me out automatically when I login with temp password. Yesterday when I called sales team for billing issues it took 30 mins for them to retrieve my account details. They could not get it initially which makes me think there’s something not setup correctly. Help pls. I need to change my temp password.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Sorry about the delay, please send @Dan_C a PM so he can investigate this further.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors