Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Oigleman
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Telephone waiting periods and dysfunctional optus live chat

Why do Optus allow their valuable customers to wait for hours on the phone only to find that they have been put through to the wrong department?

I have triedformanynours simply to change one postpaid mobile broad band service and to change mynbn plan to a faster speed......I am now in the middle of a 1.5 hour phone call and only half way through (again) because I have waited 45 minutes only to be put through to the wrong department. So now I have another 45 minute waie tofind if Ihave been put through to the right department. While waiting I tried online chat support. IT DOES NOT WORK. EVEN WHEN IT SEEMS TO YOU CAN SPEND AN HOUR WATCHING THE LOADING LOGO SPIN AND NOTHING HAPPENS!

Such service is simply disgusting and an insult to those who are paying good money to Optus,

3 Replies
NoelG
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Telephone waiting periods and dysfunctional optus live chat

My experience regarding Opus live chat is that it seems like a robot is responding. It seems like there is a suite of responses, e.g. say response 1 to 20, with a response from thevsuite of responses selected by the Optus representative that does not even relate to what I have typed. I even asked are you a robot or a person. The response I received seemed to indicate a person rather than a robot. This makes the Optus person seem incompetent.

Today I tried to phone Optus to complain about my 2 mbs ADSL2+ speed and my telephone not working since installation. Surely that is something of relevance to complain about, particularly as the Optus representative said that I can expect to receive 12 mbs. When discovering that the wait time on by phone is 30+ minutes I tried live chat, which was not working. I tried it a number of times today and it did not work. Perhaps Optus is inundated with complaints from  unhappy customers? You have the option of contacting the Telecommunications Ombudsman to help you resolve your issues. It certainly sounds like you have done as much as you can  with Optus. Just Google Telecommunications Ombudsman. Go well!

0 Kudos
Oigleman
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Noel,

I have the Telecommunications Ombudsman"s details to hand.....For me I will eventually get out from under this excremental situation. We are selling our house and Optus will not follow.

When I phones, as I have donne many times to the detriment of my view of modern society, I find that even though I speak with a real human, they speak English but do not understand it. Either that or they do not know their job!

Today it took me a little over two hours to change my plan and close a mobile broadband account I don't need.

There are now a whole bunch of smaller NBN backload operators who are feeding off the abck of Optus (and others) dysfunctional 'services'. If thet is what you can call them.

The unfortunate thing is that many find it easier to continue feeding the pockets of these awful companies rather that make the break and go to a company that actually offers service. I think that they actually bank on that. For example, wait times on calling Optus. Why, would a company of that size paying Filipinos and Indiand in their call centres the pittance they do, not employ extra people to handle calls and cut the wait time. Answer is that they would rather keep their customers waiting and save a few very small dollars to add to their huge bottom line. We all know who owns Optus AU and that may have something to do with all of this...Be Well...Oigle...

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey @Oigleman, just a quick heads up. We've replied back to thread → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Dysfunctional-Optus/m-p/371171#M48002. We're happy to continue chatting with you there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors