cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Jonard
New Contributor

Telephone is not working

Hi,

I alreday reported this issue where the telphone is not working.

I cannot reach or no dial tone of home phone.

This happened when Optus changed the net gear.

I am very tired of waiting the status.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Gandalf
Occasional Contributor

Re: Telephone is not working

Hey, a similar thing has happened to me. However, I suspect it happened when NBN was installed in my street, as not only do I get no dial tone, but people cannot even ring my number and leave a message, as it just drops out!

Here is a summary of what I have gone through recently with Optus....

SUN 27/1/19 - My HOME PHONE (LANDLINE) stops working.

MON 28/1/19 - I contact Optus (via online chat on Optus website), and "Maria" books technicians for TUE 29/1/19.

TUE 29/1/19 - Technicians DO NOT come.

WED 30/1/19 - I open a case on the Optus website.  Christian Okeefe is assigned, and leaves a message "We're on it".  This was 10 DAYS ago, and there has been no reply since.

WED 30/1/19 - I contact Optus again (via online chat on Optus website). "Ada" books technicians for SAT 2/2/19 12:00-16:00.

SAT 2/2/19 (12:00-16:00) - Technicians DO NOT come (2nd TIME).

SAT 2/2/19 (16:00) - I contact Optus again (3rd TIME via online chat on Optus website). "Clifford" assures me that technicians will come today (2/2/19) between 16:00-18:00.

SAT 2/2/19 (16:00-18:00) - Technicians DO NOT come (3rd TIME).

SAT 2/2/19 (18:00) - I inform "Clifford", who now books technicians for TUE 5/2/19.

TUE 5/2/19 - Technicians DO NOT come (4th TIME).

WED 6/2/19 - I e-mail Optus at the e-mail address they provide on their website.  Up till now, no reply.

THU 7/2/19 11:10pm -  I ring Optus. I am told that a technician will contact me within 20 minutes.  Of course, this does not happen.

THU 7/2/19 11:40pm - I ring Optus again. "Laukik" tells me that technicians will come on TUE 12/2/19.

TUE 12/2/19 - Guess what? Technicians DO NOT come (5th TIME).

So, I am now at the stage where it is clear that Optus does not value me as their customer, despite almost 20 years of loyalty and the thousands of dollars (over $20,000) I have paid to them over the years.  I will be in the process of leaving Optus over the next few months, with all my devices and services. Maybe you should consider the same?

New Contributor Jonard
New Contributor

Many thanks.

I am also thinking leaving Optus.Maybe this coming weekend.Sorry Optus, so tired waiting your response.

Hopefully, i will get an answer until friday so that I can change my mind

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Gandalf
Occasional Contributor

I am waiting until Friday as well.   :-) 

What suburb are you in?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors