Searching...
Accepted Solution

Telephone is not working

Jonard

Hi,

I alreday reported this issue where the telphone is not working.

I cannot reach or no dial tone of home phone.

This happened when Optus changed the net gear.

I am very tired of waiting the status.

Highlighted
Solution

Re: Telephone is not working

Gandalf

Hey, a similar thing has happened to me. However, I suspect it happened when NBN was installed in my street, as not only do I get no dial tone, but people cannot even ring my number and leave a message, as it just drops out!

Here is a summary of what I have gone through recently with Optus....

SUN 27/1/19 - My HOME PHONE (LANDLINE) stops working.

MON 28/1/19 - I contact Optus (via online chat on Optus website), and "Maria" books technicians for TUE 29/1/19.

TUE 29/1/19 - Technicians DO NOT come.

WED 30/1/19 - I open a case on the Optus website.  Christian Okeefe is assigned, and leaves a message "We're on it".  This was 10 DAYS ago, and there has been no reply since.

WED 30/1/19 - I contact Optus again (via online chat on Optus website). "Ada" books technicians for SAT 2/2/19 12:00-16:00.

SAT 2/2/19 (12:00-16:00) - Technicians DO NOT come (2nd TIME).

SAT 2/2/19 (16:00) - I contact Optus again (3rd TIME via online chat on Optus website). "Clifford" assures me that technicians will come today (2/2/19) between 16:00-18:00.

SAT 2/2/19 (16:00-18:00) - Technicians DO NOT come (3rd TIME).

SAT 2/2/19 (18:00) - I inform "Clifford", who now books technicians for TUE 5/2/19.

TUE 5/2/19 - Technicians DO NOT come (4th TIME).

WED 6/2/19 - I e-mail Optus at the e-mail address they provide on their website.  Up till now, no reply.

THU 7/2/19 11:10pm -  I ring Optus. I am told that a technician will contact me within 20 minutes.  Of course, this does not happen.

THU 7/2/19 11:40pm - I ring Optus again. "Laukik" tells me that technicians will come on TUE 12/2/19.

TUE 12/2/19 - Guess what? Technicians DO NOT come (5th TIME).

So, I am now at the stage where it is clear that Optus does not value me as their customer, despite almost 20 years of loyalty and the thousands of dollars (over $20,000) I have paid to them over the years.  I will be in the process of leaving Optus over the next few months, with all my devices and services. Maybe you should consider the same?

Jonard

Many thanks.

I am also thinking leaving Optus.Maybe this coming weekend.Sorry Optus, so tired waiting your response.

Hopefully, i will get an answer until friday so that I can change my mind

Gandalf

I am waiting until Friday as well.   :-) 

What suburb are you in?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
72 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
27 Kudos