cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Telephone Bill PDF format

I am on a bundled Broadband/Telephone plan. Each month Optus emails me a PDF document for my bill with summary at the top and one line summary for number of local calls and calls to 1300 numbers, then a complete list of all National calls, International calls and calls to mobile. As I now get charged for calls to 1300 numbers and wanted to review, I logged on to My Account, and looked at the PDF for my bill there.  The PDF bill in My Account is in all respects the same as my emailed PDF bill, except it also contains an itemised list of all the local calls, and all the 1300 calls.

So here's the question. Since Optus emails me a PDF bill each month, why not email me the PDF that contains all the local call and 1300 call details that I can see on-line? 

You might say some people don't want all the detail of local and 1300 calls, but there's a summary at the top of the bill anyway, and even if a customer wants to print the bill, they need not print the whole lot.  It is arguable that since on my bundled plan I now pay for 1300 calls, but not National calls, it is more important to have the on-line PDF emailed that contains the itemised 1300 calls.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: Telephone Bill PDF format

This was a change made recently. Itemised bills will not longer be provided via mail/email, but can be viewed via My Account. Sorry but I'm not sure of the reasoning behind this decision.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Telephone Bill PDF format

Thanks Toomey. I cannot think of the reasoning either. It is rather a strange decision by Optus, since the PDF bill I get via email still has some call categories itemised, but unfortunately not the items that I do get charged for (1300 numbers).

For my other utility companies & bank card statements, the posted or email statement are exactly the same that can be seen on-line.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors