Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor mikey3371
New Contributor

Technician Appointment times

Hi

Hoping someone at Optus can contact me to explain why I stayed home all day today.

I am getting Optus internet and phone installed.

I received a text message from Optus saying the Technician was coming today (16/3/15) to connect my new service and that an adult had to be home between 1pm and 5pm 

So I stay home from work today.

At 5.30pm today (16/3) I get a call from Optus saying that the technician is coming tomorrow.

So now I need to leave work early to be home between 12 and 5pm to wait for the technician to come.

So Optus how will you compensate me for my wasted day staying home waiting for a technician to come? and now having to be home tomorrow as well?

I think roughly 3 month credit of my account will be a good start.

I am VERY unimpressed.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
New Contributor wangqisen
New Contributor

Re: Technician Appointment times

your experience is better than mine...the appointment is today and no one showed up...and i even havent received any call from them...and also i cant connect them because no one picked up the phone...now i don know what i should do ...

RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

Really sorry to hear about your experience mikey3371 and can confirm that if a technician was held up for a long time on a previous job, they'd need to reschedule the appointment :/ Our Customer Care team can assess this matter further by phoning 1300300937. Please keep us posted on how you go - Pete

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

Hey wangqisen, really sorry about the delay in getting back to. Can you please confirm that since Monday, have you had a chance to speak to our Activations crew on 1300760016 and if so, what was the outcome? Pete

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor nickname1
New Contributor

Hi, is there an online option to change the installation time from between 12 to 5 pm to a smaller time gap? I have had to postpone the installation twice as it did not suit the technician or myself to be at the house when I was going to be available as I was unable to wait at the house for such a long gap during the day. To make it simple and more manageble for both the technician and myself I would like to be able to narrow the time gap down for when the technician may arrive to 2 hours at the most.  

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

These timeframes cannot be modified/reduced., each technician job does not have a set time duration.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors