Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Technical Support availability

Well that's a broader question. Right now people aren't really thinking proportionately when it comes to the virus. There are better ways to handle the problem that would cost much less and not disrupt the economy so much. However no ones really in control of the process and with the person shouting loudest "SHUT IT ALL DOWN" being the winner (can't be blamed for following a scared crowd) then yep they just send everyone home in call centres instead of a possibly more nuanced solution.

For now it is what it is.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have been without landline, internet and fetch for almost 2 weeks. I have phoned 35 times and waited over 98 minutes on 3 occasions before Optus told me they were closed or there was a fault and then hung up on me. I know the Optus overseas call centres are in lockdown. I have used my Optus messaging 4 times only to be asked the same questions over and over but never a reply.

Have Optus collapsed? Should I contact Telstra? Can anyone from Optus technical send someone out to my home?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just gave you what was wrong. Please send the damn technical support crew!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

You can't arrange technical support from the forum.

Please Call or Message Optus directly to arrange for a technician to schedule a visit.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks but your advice is worthless. I have over the last 2 weeks phoned Optus for technical support 36 times and waited in queues at times for over 98 minutes before being told their customer service is closed (middle of the day) or they are experiencing their own technical difficulties. Even their technical escalation phone number ends with the call being terminated. If on the rare occasion you actually speak to someone, they just place you back on the same merry go round until you drop off (again).

Then there is the useless My Optus to which I have left 4 separate critical enquirees going back 9 days but only to be met with the same stupid questions when I check up but never any resolutions.

I have tried everything and everything has collapsed. I even phoned directly the Optus technician from last time and they admit they themselves are at odds with work from Optus. As all their call centres overseas are in lockdown.

And the piece de resistance is, after I visited their Optus store, to be told they themselves are out of contact with Optus to even connect new phones or enquires.

Seems the good ship ‘Optus’ has sunk!!!!

Telstra is looking mighty good!
0 Kudos