Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Technical Support availability

Hi, does anyone know how to contact optus technical support. The optus centre is saying it is closed via the 13 number! The help services app message services has not responded for 36 hours.
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Technical Support availability

The Virus has a lot of call centres out of commission. Maybe try us here? What seems to be the problem?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi. Does anyone know how to resolve landline not working (engaged sound for inbound and outbound) yet internet is still working fine?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @Colin1707, that's a strange one!

Sometimes this can occur if your phone line de-syncs from your modem (if you have a Cable or NBN connection).

Without knowing what type of connection you have there, I can offer an initial troubleshooting step if it's still not back to normal since posting:

- Unplug your devices all at once, wait 30 seconds or so and then plug everything in one by one to see if a phone light reappears on your modem.

If this doesn't help, we might need to take a look into this from our end! 

You can get in touch with us via Facebook, Twitter or Messenger so we can help.

Please note, there is a longer than usual wait time on Messenger, so if you need urgent assistance please reach out to us through the social media links I provided above. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

that's bullshi7, there is not reason for them to remove 24 hour support, its what we pay for
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

And that's pretty entitled (and its not what you pay for). Optus haven't 'removed' 24 hour support they've had most of their support staff stood down and sent home. Their still providing support just with a very reduced number of agents (and a hugely increased number of calls). Emergency issues are being done first.

You will just need to be patient. Its frustrating for everyone.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Maybe you should check your facts mate... there 24/7 tech support line was closed between 8pm and 8am last night .... it wasn't limited support ... it straight out said they where closed and to call back tomorrow .... they HAVE stopped there 24/7 support line
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I called at 7pm and it said call times where oven an hour and hung up on me .... i called again at 11 and it said they where closed... called at 3am ... they where closed... called at 7:55 and they where closed.... called at 8:01 and was put into a queue... so don't tell me they are still 24/7 ... i can assure you, they're not.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I put 'removed' in quotes. I wan't saying the capability is still there just that events beyond Optus control have made 24/7 support unfeasible for the moment. Even business hour support is limited to critical cases only. A non working phone is on the list so you go to the head of the queue (such that it is)

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

You can't jump to the front of a queue that doesn't exist ... COVID19 should not mean a 247 call centre would shut... limited/lower staff numbers sure, but there is 0 requirement for it to close
0 Kudos