Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
dawsons
New Contributor
New Contributor

TP link Archer 2800

Quick question - can I  connect  the TP link Archer 2800 directly to the NBN connection box that my optus sagemcom device is plugged into?

Or do I have to run it through the exisiting modem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: TP link Archer 2800

that should work, you can connect directly to the NBN box, If you already have the tplink, then connect it and try it out. However, your phone line will not work.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
dawsons
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply!

Even sillier question now (I have not connected to optus for some time now) - the username and password asked for - are these the same as the one i use to access my Optus account?

0 Kudos
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

What type of NBN connection do you have? For me it's NBN via Hfc, so no login required. Just set my modem to a access point mode and everything connects. For other connection type might be different. Jump onto livechat if you need your modem details, however, my guess is that since you have an NBN box then your modem just acts like a router, I could be wrong. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
dawsons
New Contributor
New Contributor

Chat have told me they do not support that modem...

My connection is FTTP and I have followed all the setup instructions. There is a wireless network being broadcast but no internet connection. I'll keep looking, thanks for the help 🙂

0 Kudos
dawsons
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just a follow up, the guys at TP link have been very helpful and the guys at optus have not. There must be other ISPs out there who allow byo modems (aka choice) and I'm off to find em!

0 Kudos