Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

System Outage Impacting Deliveries

I would like to place an order for Internet connection to the dwelling I'm moving into today.... But deliveries have been stopped. I need internet and afraid of a long wait. If I go with NBN  an internal connection box will be required as well as modem.

Any advice?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: System Outage Impacting Deliveries

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I already know; HFC connected but no connection box in the dwelling. The last tenant took their NBN connection box.

I believe I will need an optus tech" to come and bring one... I'll do the self service modem myself. If he brings an optus modem ok. If I have to wait for a delivery then that's what I'm worried about.

I have 2 optus modems from my last NBN address which I had to cancel when moving out 3 months ago hoping I can use them if there are delays?

Afraid of 4G home BB... reviews are not good and would have to wait for delivery

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yeah, people (illegally and accidentally) taking the NBN modem is going to be an issue for a while.

Not sure who organises the replacement NBN unit and how it is delivered (i.e. is it affected by the delay). Perhaps drop into a store and see if they have a spare unit (long shot I know).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I've been told by optus when I'm ready to place an order to let them know there is no connection box and they will send the tech' out to install it free of charge.

I'll have to use my phone as a hotspot until I decide

0 Kudos