Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Support

What do I have to do to get support in Australia? I have hearing difficulties and the foreign accents make things difficult(Optus support seems to be manned by speakers whos mother tongue is Hindi or Bengali) and they also have next to NO technical knowledge and simply read the FAQs. When they cant answer your question they just dissapear!

Waster of time using Twitter support, thay take days to answer. and Online chat seems to be manned by the same type of individuals that man support but with fake anglicised names.

My cable broadband has been dropping out up to 20+ times per day for the past month and so far NO HELP!

It has now taken me 10 attempts just to post this message! (Thank heavens for copy and paste!)

6 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Support

Yes the whole optus system is crappy this website is very hard to work out .

The fact that i do not see one good comment on optus bband having been with them for 20 years proves they dont care .The telephone help is crap, a guy in bombay ,kept on hold for hours then disconnected.or told the same old solution that they read off a sheet

we have netflix when it works, we pay for that it dont work pm on and off

we have unlimited optus bband,we pay for that ,it dont work in peak.It is unlimited tho ,UNLIMITED FRUSTRATION,UNLIMITED COMPLAINT CALLS,UNLIMITED CALL TIME ON HOLD,UNLIMITED SLOW DOWNLOADS

MAYBE ITS CLASS ACTION TIME PEOPLE.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @ozxanadu, I've replied to your previous post. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@stefenos54 I've replied to your previous post. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Optus have a complaints policy for what it is worth, but if you want someone to actually listen I suggest lodging a complaint through the  Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman. It is a really simple process.

I find it interesting that the moderators here in the Yes crowd take every contentious issue off line with a PM.

Don't forget to keep a log of times, people you spoke to and if possible grab a screen shot or chat log.

Good Luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to hear you have recieved shocking service from Optus, but I am not surprised really. They have a complaints policy and it is an interesting read.

If you really want something done you could always contact the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman and lodge a formal complaint.

Good Luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I have a motto "Don't screw with me because I screw back". So I am ingnoring the usual BS from Optus and building a case with the help of like minded proffesionals.