cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor saxamaphone
Occasional Contributor

Re: Super high ping. Unplayable lag.

A week later and this problem is still occuring, just incase anyone else is wondering or Optus thought this issue was resolved (it ain't).

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

lol a week. its been 4 weeks for me.

Occasional Contributor

Oh, I've had the issue for about 2 months now, but it's only been a week since they reportedly were going to send a technician to fix things.

We did see people looking at the telegraph pole outside our house over the weekend but not sure if that was for this issue.

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Dan_DS
RetiredModerator

@valet8 I'll speak to you this evening as agreed 🙂

@saxamaphone, were you given a reference number for the call? Can you please private message me your details and I can look into this for you?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Occasional Contributor

For anyone wondering, here is an update:

- I called on the 12th June 2015

- It is now 3rd July 2015

- In that time I have spoken to a team member from Optus (Dan)

- He kindly upgraded my modem (I was using the old Motorola one, there is a Netgear one now)

As for the actual Internet:

- No change in packet loss when playing Counter Strike Go (still 30+%)

- Steam itself is still very slow (Store page)

There is reportedly work in my area (which always seems to happen when someone complains about speed) but after 3 weeks, my issue still remains.

If anyone has suggestions as how to fix my CSGO connection, please let me know.

I hope everyone else had their issue resolved.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Putmeonhold
Occasional Contributor

I have had same issues as many tens of thousands of others also have.

Basically Optus does not have the Infrustructure to support so many customers on these "bargain" unlimited plans.

Also I have found how difficult and mosly impossible to send emails when away using other wifi or hotspots of different ISP's.

My solution was to put a complaint to Optus.

My complaint was they were not providing a proper service as I was informed.

They have 10 working days to reply.

They will reply on the 10th day.

They offered changing 24 month contract to no contract with no charges.

I accepted this and I will be cancelling my service very soon.

If you do not get a satisfactory relpy then your next step is to put in a complaint to the Telecomunications Ombudsmen.

I have been with 4 other ISP's over the past 15 years and Optus has been the worst in every aspect, speed, customer service, email issues, etc etc.

Yes, even Telstra is better.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

So sorry to hear about the problems you're currently facing. Have you spoken to our Tech Support team by any chance? If so, did they confirm what the issues were?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Already did, as stated in my previous post on Friday.

They claimed work being done in my area.

I asked for a reference number or something and there were unable to provide one for me, stating that they hoped it would be done soon.

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Sorry for the confusion saxamaphone the reply was to Putmeonhold but I can see that dan_ds has been in contact with you regarding your concerns. If you have any questions, feel free to send him a message.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor ermff
Occasional Contributor

So I called last week (took ages to have someone pickup) and went through the motions of standard troubleshooting that I had already done prior to calling. The customer service rep told me that there was "congestion" in my area and that the fix should be in a few days (this was last Monday) and that I should receive an SMS with further updates about the situation.

Well, one week later, and I have not received an SMS and I don't really want to wait another 30-40 minutes on the phone just to be told something useless. This is getting ridiculous. Some nights I just don't even bother pushing through the pain of low speeds and don't use the internet at all. 

Top Contributors