cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor pluto
Occasional Contributor

Stupidity

Is Optus the most incompetent Broadband & Telephony company operating in Australia?

I 've heard people complain about Dodo, Telstra etc but it is my sincere belief that Optus are the most incompetent, useless and hopeless company in Australia, perhaps, even the world!!!!!

If you think you've dealt with a worse company I'd love to know.

G

0 Kudos
8 Replies
New Contributor razorb
New Contributor

Re: Stupidity

G'day mate question for you, you're bagging out Optus but you haven't given any reason for it. I have been a loyal Optus customer for over 30 years and in the past few days have had my worst experience with them so far. My mobile plan had finished and I am having trouble with the old phone so I ordered a new Galaxy Note 9 on a special deal plan and I asked for a new sim and my current mobile number as I have now had that number for around 10 years and all my family and friends have it so, I didn't want to change it. I couldn't use the old sim as it was stuck in the old phone after the sim tray broke off inside the phone. All of this started on the 16th of this month, which was a Friday, the phone arrived on Tuesday but with no sim and was not the colour I had ordered, so I rang to find out why and the answer was we are very sorry it was an oversight on our part we will get one out to you A.S.P. I am still waiting, however, another phone arrived the very next day the right color but still no sim, so, back on the phone and try to find out why I think I have it sorted but I am still waiting for my sim and in the meantime I have to keep using my old sim even though on my login page for Optus it tells me I have not only received the sim but I have also activated it so I have no idea what is going on. All I can tell you is I don't blame Optus but the people that are working at the call center as it is in the Philippines and I don't see how they could even know what is happening in this country simply by doing some training.

Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

If there is an Optus store near by then go in for a sim swap and get it done on the spot. I haven't done a sim swap for a while now but don't think the process has changed. While you are there ask for a spare one(or two). You never know when you need a new sim. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Sorry but i didn't want to bore you. But if you really want to know..........

Its the incompetence of everyone I have had to deal with thats sent me over the edge.
Simple things like - transferring the account have taken numerous emails, many calls and chats and still hasn't been done! It took me 3 months to cancel my accounjt as I'd had my fill of these morons and now they've lost my phone and want to charge me $750!
They are USELESS.
Its not the workers - its their cretinous managers who introduce systems that no-one understands. Everytime I tried to get something done - whoever I called did it differently to before and still nothing worked. i actually paid to leave early. I must be even more stupid............
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

With a ridiculous answer like that you should get a job at optus
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I hope you get it sorted (When things get out of step at Optus there does seem to be a lot of issues with straight forward communication and resolution I agree).

I assume your phone number will port across when you get the SIM but FWIW phone numbers are not the vital anchors they used to be. Probably most people don't know your actual number and just call "RazorB".
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi RazorB,

SillyGoGo's suggestion should be the solution you need, if you are located near one.

If not, if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details and I'm sure the team will be happy to send you one.
Alternatively please Chat with us 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor razorb
New Contributor

SillyGoGo that would be great if I could do that, unfortunately, I live in Tasmania and Optus do not have any store near where I live and I am not going to travel for 3 hours just for a sim card that should have been sent with the phone the way it was ordered in the first place and it didn't arrive again today. So I have 2 phones and no sim card except for the one that is broken off in my Galaxy S7 edge. I am not sure what possessed Samsung to make phones with sim trays that have the sim and the TransFlash card all on the one tray remedy for disaster and it happened to me.

Cheers

Robert

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

@razorb I see, hope you get your sim card soon. Is it possible to savage the old sime from the samsung while waiting for the new sim. 

I dont have an Optus mobile service or I would go into my local optus store, get 2-3 blank sims and Express post to you. 

@Ray_YC is it possible to use a blank prepaid sim for a post pay service? If it is possible, then maybe can pickup a prepaid sim pack from your local shop or petrol station. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos