Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
jpbhastings
New Contributor
New Contributor

Strong signal very slow Internet

Recently purchased an HTC DESIRE 20 PRO my old phone is an HTC DESIRE 12+, I started the new phone updated the system installed my sim and sd card and downloaded all my data and apps from be Google drive, so in terms of software both phones are identical on the new phone I'm lucky to get 5mbps the old phone is giving me 25mbps, both have strong wifi signals, any advice would be appreciated. Before I installed the apps on the new phone was getting about be 30mbps. Seems like an app problem but not sure where to start.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kartika

Re: Strong signal very slow Internet

Hi @Jpbhasings as you confirmed that the internet speeds on the old phone is still better compared to the new phone after you updated the system (firmware/ software). It seems like the new firmware is causing the slow speeds over Wi-Fi. Something to do with your phone settings. 

Would recommend to double check your phone settings specially Wi-Fi. You can uninstall all the app and then test it again to see if fixes it. If it does then it is one of the app else it is the phone firmware. In that case would recommend to contact HTC directly → here to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
jpbhastings
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Strong signal very slow Internet

Thanks I'll check those ideas out 🙂