Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Still waiting for Speed Pack on Cable?

I have requested a speed pack upgrade.

On three ocassions I have contacted Optus to be told ''yes it is applied, just reboot your modem in 15min'' - Well I have done that over 10 times and I am still stuck at 30mb... Waiting 4hrs, powering off the modem for 15min, blah blah.

I now save/record every interaction I have with Optus because on every occasion you stuff something up. Every. Time. Without. Fail.

Is anybody home, is anyone able to actually do anything because I dont trust a word that anyone ever says to me at the other end?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Still waiting for Speed Pack on Cable?

I agree Optus need to look at their customer service culture.

Perhaps it is a cultural thing and Phillipenos/Indians do not like to say "No" if they can't achieve a task. Perhaps Optus has told its staff directly to always agree with customers and say something has/can be done (even when it hasn't / can't).

Can't speak to the speed pack but it can sometimes take a while to 'take'. It may just kick in sometime today/tomorrow or you can also keep hitting live chat and requesting it again and that might eventually kick something loose. 

You don't have to believe them, just keep requesting until it does hit.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've been in contact with Optus on at least 5 different occasions about this.

Each person has flat out lied to me about the speed pack.

Each one looks at my account and says no it has not been applied, I'll do that for you - they pretend that they do it then I am none the wiser. I contact them again and the next person says the same, it is just infuriating. There is no accounatbility.

I keep all the logs, emails, sms,'s and reference numbers with their promises but they mean absolutley nothing.

I dont know what to do besides stop paying the bills until I get action?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Still waiting.

Continually contacting them by chat and phone, still nothing gets done. Just lies.

Is anybody home?

0 Kudos