Searching...

Still not connected to my new nbn oackage

Flashart53
I have purchased an NBN optus entertainment package which was supposed to be connected on Feb 6 but no tech turned up to fix the broken phone line even though I waited in for the day. I was then given today 9/2/17 between 1-5 pm as a firm date when an NBN tech would call at the house. AND AGAIN NOBODY CAME. When I rang Optus I am given a new date of next Monday. I was told NBN are short staffed and couldn't make the first two appointments. Why should I believe they'll turn up on Monday? What a gigantic waste of time. Not sure I want to proceed with optus if they can't even wrangle an NBN tech to call. I am getting beyong frustrated if in 2017 I can't connect to the internet at all! Pathetic service.

Re: Still not connected to my new nbn oackage

Hannah-L

Hey @Flashart53, I'm sorry to hear about this experience. Smiley Sad If you're still needing help with your connection, can you please send me a PM with your full name, DOB and the order number so that I can take a look for you?

Flashart53

After 4 missed appointments an NBN OPTUS tech finally turned up and strung a new phone line so 10 days after the initial install was supposed to happen I am finally connected and can get back to concentrating on the real aspects of my life.

There still seems to be no sign of the 3G signal improving at my house but hopefully I won't need it there except in a case where power is out. I can still only get 1 bar for data in 1 room on my ipad although phone and sms are fine.

There is one tower that has been out at Leura for months (since Dec 15 I believe) and I notice another one down now at the far side of Katoomba but I think I am in what someone called a 'patch' so not sure if I'll ever get good 3G data.

Anyway with help from various resolution people at Optus I got from you what iiNet refused to do or listen to so I have now dumped them and my nbn bundle account can start with Optus. Just got to set up my yestv box now and all should be good.

I don't ever want to exert that much time and effort again just to get connected.

Dan_C

Hey @Flashart53, thanks for keeping us updated. I'm sorry that it's been such an ordeal getting the service up and running. I've had quick look through our coverage map and we've identified tower degradation at both the Leura site and the site running adjacent to valley road. Fault tickets 1058353 & 1058353 have been raised. There's actually been a couple of remarks left on both tickets within the last couple of days. I'm hopeful that we should have service restored there shortly. If there's anything else we can help out with, let us know. 

Flashart53

Thanks for the update. I only discovered how bad my 3G at home was when the phone line was pulled down on Jan 2. But nothing has changed since then to improve it. Now I have YesTV working I won't have to go to Wentworth Falls railway station car park where there are 5 bars, to watch my EPL games! 

Dan_C

Ah, we definitely want to be able to enjoy the EPL from the comfort of your own home. You're obviously a dedicated fan if you're watching matches from a railway station car park! 

Flashart53

Well I spoke too soon, a massive thunderstorm just came through and now I have no internet or phone again! I waited 6 weeks and 3 days for NBN to fix up the replacement phone line and it is still up but now there is no connection for some other reason.

I had 12 hours of being connected and now it's gone again.

Not sure if it's just my connection or if neighbours or others in the area are out too.

Can you check?

Marie

Hmm that is unusual :/

I can't see a known issue in the area however it's possible the storm could affect the service.

I'd recommend reporting this to our 24/7 Tech Team on 131344 they will be able to run some testing and confirm what's causing this issue.

There is currently a five minute wait to speak with them.

Let us know how you go.

Flashart53

After 2 faults calls to Optus, someone kindly told me that the NBN connection means that the modem takes 15+ minutes to boot up again after even a very short power outage or after turning the modem off!

I think this fact needs to be added to the modem welcome letter sent out with the modem so customers don't waste their own time and that of the faults team. If it's not working after 15-20 minutes then I will call.

Should be simple to add this fact to new NBN customer info.

The old ADSL2 modems I have had only took a minute or so to come back up.

Marie

Thanks for the heads up on this Flashart53, we'll certainly pass it on to our Marketing and Website team to address.

Post a Reply
Introducing the Optus Business Care hub

Here you’ll find a complete suite of help and support exclusively for our small and medium business customers. Read More

Top Contributors
16 Kudos
7 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos