Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
TheGMac316
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Still getting very slow speeds on my wireless broadband

I'm getting consistent slow speeds on my Huawei wireless modem.

Done all the trouble shooting with same results, contacted Optus Help but hey were no help.
All they did was change stuff on my prepaid mobile phone (which had nothing to do with my internet account)
Unfortunately I cannot get NBN with no date on when NBN will be ready in our area. Which is weird since we are between 2 schools and several shops so you'd think NBN would be ready.  

This is making it very difficult to do my uni modules, stream and play online games anyone know of a fix so I can get better and consistent speeds?
I didn't sing up to pay $90 a month for on a good day to get speeds of 10mbps download 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Still getting very slow speeds on my wireless broadband

@TheGMac316Helps if you give details of what hardware setup you have and what you have tried and what the actual problem is and when it started.

Suggest yo search yescrowd for "slow speed" and see if any of the threads help. One to potentially look at is:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Slow-upload-speed-4g-home-wireless/m-p/641278

I have found Optus support do not know how to trouble shoot 4G modem speed issues and only know how to use the scripts they have access to, which only help if the problem is NOT with Optus.

0 Kudos
Kartika

Understand this is frustrating and where you are coming from @TheGMac316 however since this is a public forum we can`t access customers account details here. As such you will need to raise this with our Technical Support team either via our → messaging service or by calling them on → 131344 -  Mon - Sun: 8am - 8pm to assist you further. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
TheGMac316
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

oh wow that tone

anyways Hardware setup as stated already Huawei wireless modem
also as stated above I have tried all there troubleshoot methods to no luck as have looked on YEScrowd for other solutions to no luck
Surely you do not need to know my CPU, Graphics card specs etc to fix a net issue

but yeah a picture is worth 1000 wordsScreenshot (333).png 

0 Kudos
TheGMac316
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I did  raise this with Technical Support on Wednesday
like I said before when I contacted them the Wednesday that all they did was mess around with my pre-paid mobile phone service which had nothing to do with the wireless internet service

I tired to follow up on the Friday however I got no reply
This is getting beyond the Joke for $90 a month you'd think I'd be getting a better service than this crap

0 Kudos
Mkrtich
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi - Huawei make many 4G modems starting at entry point USB Type,  Portable Battery operated Mobile Hotspots and then more functional modems like the following , so it would be good to know what it is . I have a B525s-65a and I think @AndS may have a B818. These modems show the signal strength and other quality measurement that influence your data speed experience. They can also have external antennae connected to them to increase signal strength reception. Hence the reason for the question.

Optus may be doing upgrade works in your area - they are very pro-active with this and will usually send you a courtesy SMS and email notifying you or any intended works near to you that may cause interruption or associated degradation of capacity resulting in slow speeds or disconnections. You will also receive an email/SMS notifying you when the works have been completed. Impressive. 

Have you used your mobile phone to gauge the best signal strength positioning in home or outside and then relocated the modem to the that side of the house near a window. It will have a Field Test mode which can reveal the actual signal strength - your Huawei modem's network settings also shows you this information.  

This link will show you where your local cell tower is - just enter your address - try positioning the modem in home to the nearest line of sight possible and see if things improve.

https://www.rfnsa.com.au/?first=1 

Top Contributors