Searching...

Speeds drastically decreased after changing plan

oothbay

I have had optus cable connected to my rental property for over 12 months with no dramas, then the new packages came out with a reduced price for what seemed like the same package i was getting so i jumped on the opportunity to pay less after asking the phone operator to garentee there would be no loss of speed.

To cut a long story short my speeds have been averaging 4mbps a day and each phone call to the optus technical support line has had the same response that work is currently being done in my area even though the network status page has no work shown..... i feel like i am being lied to continuously.

What can i do???

Re: Speeds drastically decreased after changing plan

GordenLy

Same here I get 900 ping and capped at 3mbps. It even drops to 0.05 mbps and drops out a lot of the times no joke. The only time it works is off peak hours other than that it is trash tier

Nghi

Hi oothbay and GordenLy, did you receive a fault reference number from our tech support team? We'll be able to use it to look deeper into your service and let you know of any planned upgrades. Changing your plan would have had no impact on your physical connection as it only changes the billing side.

Our Network team is working to upgrade areas around the country to alleviate evening slows however these upgrades don't appear within our network status page sorry Smiley Sad 

GordenLy

They told me planned upgrades would be finished last month but when I called them they said no ETA just wait 2 months to see if there are any improvements. The region is Cabramatta and in peak times the youtube vids drop to 144p or you have to wait to load 480p even.

Jax_K

It sounds like the upgrades have been delayed Smiley Sad Were you provided with any reference numbers so we can follow this up?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

GordenLy

I asked for one but they just left me a name after the call 'Brijesh' via text

Nghi

Oh, I see Smiley Sad I'm going to send you a private message and grab some details from you. I'll be able to look into your area and update you on any planned upgrades.

Ryfty

Nghi,

If I PM you my details could I please get you to take a look at my area as well?  I'd really like to get an ETA on planned work to address this issue.  Another mod asked for my details in relation to the same congestion issues yesterday which I PM'd to them however has not replied in over 24hrs even though they're online now and actively posting.

-Ryfty-

oothbay

I have not been given a ref number.

I spoke to tech support again today and even when i asked for a ref number they would not give me one.

The person i spoke to today said the previous person should i spoke to should not have given a timeframe for things to be completed. This is starting to piss me off as it just appears optus employees cant even give me an answer and just pass the buck.

The person i spoke to today said they would reduce my bill by $35 which was the highest he could authorise. I requested to be transfered to someone who could authorise more than that as i was not happy with the service being provided. He did not do that. Instead he gave me his employee number and name and said he would personally call me back in 30 min. That did not happen.....

Seriously.... what...the....hell! 

Highlighted

mikef56

Please help me too!!

My speeds have dropped to such an extent, as to make my cable connection UNUSABLE!!!

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4573660897

DL - 1.96Mbps

Up - 0.75Mbps

This is now....Tuesday night 9:45pm in Frenchs Forest

.....and I have the Premium Speed Pack to boot!!!

Michael

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
76 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
28 Kudos