Searching...

Specific website not loading on Optus/Virgin

JaconMedia

Hey!

So I've probably spoken to about 6 different people today about this issue and appear to be going around and around in circles. However it looks like some people have had the same issue in the past so I am hoping someone will be able to help me.

my wife's blog (dossierblog.com) was working a few days ago and she went to login last night and an error message keeps popping up saying the server timed out and the connection was lost. After testing on multiple browsers, clearing cookies, cache and every other piece of advise we are still getting nothing?

Spoke to GoDaddy (who the site is hosted with) and they have no issues. So I got to work today and tried on my Mac their (Telstra) and it works fine. So like many others it appears to be an Optus thing. I even connected my phone to the wifi at work and the site loaded fine, then reverted back to 4g and it wouldn't load..

Can anyone help with this please.

Highlighted

Re: Specific website not loading on Optus/Virgin

mike2

Optus is experiencing DNS fail at the moment... 

eg on these sites:

www.capturemag.com.au

www.eldersweather.com.au

www.smugmug.com

JaconMedia

Thanks Mike2,

I see that your sites are back up and running. Was there something you did?

It's been a week now and mine is still not working?

dossierblog.com

Thanks!

Shinny1

I have exactly same problem. Since yesterday morning, access from all optus network, including virgin mobile are unable to access my website. However, Telstra and vodafone can access it. Please help. 

Shinny1

I have exactly same problem. If you know how to fix it, please let me know. 

AlexRH

Hey @Shinny1, sorry to hear that this has been the case for you Smiley Sad 

Really recommend getting in touch with our Faults team on 13 13 44 so we can get this reported through to our network team for further investigation. 

Let us know if you need a hand with anything else. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
55 Kudos
50 Kudos
31 Kudos
20 Kudos