Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Spam

@Optus 

I'm curious, do all Optus moderators have the ability to remove spam, or is it only a select few? I ask because there is currently a flood of these 46 new posts that have been up for over 12 hours and there have been moderators posting in the forums, yet they have not removed these posts. Its not like you can miss them, can you?

YetAnotherAcc_0-1607216061641.png

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Spam

I marked one of them as inappropriate a few hours ago and indicated that Optus has been spammed, but the spam is still there.

0 Kudos
Aron_YC

Not all moderators can remove posts, most of us here that you see responding cannot do so. When you report as spam it goes into spam quarantine, but we can't delete it only mark as not spam if it was incorrectly reported. I believe these can still be viewed if you use the link, but won't appear when searching normally.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@AndS 

I noticed them last night but didn't bother reporting it because it was so blatantly obvious.

@Aron_YC 

I would then highly recommend that Optus have at least one person per shift that has the ability to delete spam. The longer spam is up the better chance it has of being picked up by a search engine, which is ultimately what the spammers want, so yescrowd will get target even more. Indeed, google has already index it.

I assume that all mods all at least have the ability to edit posts so they can delete personal info etc, correct?

0 Kudos
Aron_YC

The moderators that do have the ability to delete spam are not 24/7 like we are, so there will always be times when spam goes unattended unless higher access is given to the current team of moderators. 

Yes, all mods can edit posts for whatever reason it may be necessary to do so.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Unchained_Pat
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I noticed some non tagged mods editing out person info/spam

"whistles"

Would have expected someone to be able to take down posts 24/7 though - at least hide/move them to a non indexed area.
0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Aron_YC It may be an idea to do something about it as @YetAnotherAcc mentioned about the search engine indexing the spam messages etc......

As per your response it may be an idea to have a think about the following, or something else or noting at all:

a) Any idea could be to edit the posts and remove the contents.

b) In a 24x7 area there is normally someone on call who issues can be escalated to to get issues resolved if the problem cannot be resolved by staff on duty. The person on call can then make a call as to what to do. This is another idea that could be done if deemed appropriate.

c) If it is deemed not to warrant anything until on Monday when appropriate staff are on duty then this is also appropriate if the search engine indexing is okay/acceptable.

d) Nothing and wait.

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Aron_YCThanks for getting the spam removed.

0 Kudos
Jono_YC

No worries @AndS let us know if you need a hand with anything else. Jono

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I get the same email notifications of Abuse reports as the Moderators do in their dropbox so it can be actioned 24/7 as well as banning the Spammer.

The Spam Quarantine page is set as non indexed. 

Thanks guys for continuing to report spam, keep up the great work! 😁

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
Top Contributors