Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Slowing Internet Speeds

I've been on the $80 unlimited ADSL2+ plan for about 6 months. Initially the service was great, being able to stream shows and channels on Fetch, browse the net and play games, but for the past few months the speeds have been progressively getting slower and slower to the point where its now rather unbearable. 

Shows now require constant buffering, web pages can take upwards of 1 min to load and I have bad lag while playing games. Recently I have started working from home on certain days and had to resort to hotspotting my mobile because the broadband is so bad!

I've followed the support on the Optus page for help with speeds and dropouts but nothing has seemed to work so far as I still get slow speeds regardless of peak or non-peak hours. 

The most recent speed test I did was yesterday evening and only reached a download speed of 0.28 Mbps. About a week before that I attempted downloading a 4.5GB file overnight and it still wasn't finished by morning. 

I'm located in Werrington, NSW and am using the Sagemcom F@ST AC WiFi modem. 

I haven't raised a ticket with Tech Support yet but wanted to gauge if anyone had similar issues or something I may have overlooked before going down that avenue. 

Many Thanks,

IIDrewDos

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Slowing Internet Speeds

Hi @IIDrewDos sorry for the delay in response and your internet speed issue. Since you have already tried all basic troubleshooting and the issue still exists then you are best to raise it with Tech Support on 131344 (open 24x7) to investigate further. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos