Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Slow unreliable internet

For the past week and a half my home wifi broadband has been intermittently slow to dropping out entirely. I rely on it for work and am now at my wits end. I rang Optus a couple of days ago and hung up completely frustrated with no resolution. I have been all of the normal problem solving (modem & devices off and on, etc). Speed test earlier was 5.61 for download and 0.56 for upload. Using another carrier right now to post this message. Really over it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Slow unreliable internet

5mb speed is the max if you dont have 2300mhz signal on your location

Q. What sort of download speeds can I expect?
A. We’ve configured the network especially to support the new product. So while Home Wireless Broadband uses our 4G Plus network, it delivers a different speed experience to mobile.

The service is designed to be used in the home and the speed of data transmitted using the service is different from the speed of data using other services supplied over our 4G network. In metropolitan areas where there is 2300 MHz coverage at your nominated address, download and upload speeds of up to 12/1Mbps are available. If 2300 MHz coverage is not available at your nominated address, download and upload speeds of up to 5/1 Mbps are available.

Actual speed will depend on a number of factors including congestion, location, local conditions, hardware, software and general internet traffic

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Home-Wireless-Broadband-FAQ-s/td-p/136107

how to check if you address is covered by 2300mhz?

enter your address below

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/network/coverage

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

2.74 / 0.10 speed test this morning in Melbourne CBD. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

thats quite average, you can request to have it investigated,

their network team usually do investigation why you're not getting the max speed of 5mbps or even 12mbps

call tech support and ask to raise a ticket 131344