Searching...

Slow to no ADSL in Unley SA

Crox

My ADSL connection is down to 1.3Mps. It's usually 6 to 7. Are there known problems in this area or just my connection?

Cheers,

Craig.

Re: Slow to no ADSL in Unley SA

JordanOptus

Hey Craig, between 6 and 7 would be a peak time for internet usage, so it's more than likely just going to be the congestion in your area Smiley Happy

You can always have a chat with Tech Support too if you like, to see if they can find anything else that might be happening.

Cheers,

Jordan

Highlighted

Crox

Hi Jordan,

I understand that peak times can slow things down.  I didn't expenct that would include having no access for 2-3 hours!

Attached is my connection details for 8:00am today.  Downstream 416kbps, upstream 32kbps!  This is not peak time and this is not the expected speed of a broadband internet servce.  

Screenshot_20170720-080045.png

This problem is happening every day now.  Dropouts of service every five minutes is now common.  Occasionally the speed goes back up to 6000-7500kbps but is now rare and not for long.  Sometimes the modem does not reboot correctly and I have to turn it off and on.  This usually improves things but often it will say no internet connection.

What can you do to assist?

Thanks,

Craig.

JordanOptus

Definitely not good to see sorry, Craig Smiley Sad

Did you have any fault reference numbers that I could look into at all?

Checking out the area in general, I can see there's been a lot of NBN construction previously and recently. When NBN is getting built or goes live in an area, it can often degrade the quality of other surrounding networks nearby.

Cheers,

Jordan

Crox

Hi Jordan,

Where can I view the fault codes?

Cheers,

Craig.

JordanOptus

Hey Craig,

If you've raised a case with Tech Support they would give you a fault reference number that you can use to chase up the case you've raised.

Cheers,

Jordan

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
77 Kudos
71 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos