Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor anaz
New Contributor

Slow speeds on my broadband connection

why do I get really slow speeds on my 100mbs cable broadband. speedtest tests show around 13Mbs speeds.?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Re: Slow speeds on my broadband connection

could you please provide more details?

does only happend today? any particular time of the day, how do you do the speed test? wifi or lan cable connection? what other connected device? how many people are connected..etc.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor anaz
New Contributor

It's been happening for weeks. I had two engineer visits and last one blamed it on congestion with absolutely no workaround. Speeds are slow on wired as well as wifi connections. Speedtest results were based on wired connection and had only one person connected.

most of the issues that I noticed when I am at home 8 pm to 12 pm . 6:30 am to 8 am.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @anaz, it really does sound like network congestion is likely the culprit here. The service is capable of reaching speeds of up to 100Mbps. The ability to achieve such speeds is dependent on available bandwidth. The more customers we have connected to your local cable node the less bandwidth you have to utilise. This is especially the case during peak hours of usage (5:00PM - 11:00PM). It might be worthwhile chatting with our retention team → 1300555241. They're best equip to discuss your options moving forward. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos